Prospect Info: Jonathan Davidsson - RW

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
This kid has a ton of skill. Obviously he and abramov aren't marquee names in the prospect world, but Dorion seems to be swinging for the fences here. People will be pleasantly surprised a la balcers.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This kid has a ton of skill. Obviously he and abramov aren't marquee names in the prospect world, but Dorion seems to be swinging for the fences here. People will be pleasantly surprised a la balcers.

They're all fine prospects that I'm happy to have on the team. The problem is we're trading players that usually return blue chippers for b-level prospects due to the fact that the team is being run into the ground and we wait until players are rentals to trade them.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm surprised how much this kid has slid under the radar. His numbers aren't amazing, but he's young and the reviews from jackets fans looks real good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boy I hate concussions so much. Stop them from happening somehow

If it means taking away open ice hitting (like what happened here, again) then I’m ready for it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They're all fine prospects that I'm happy to have on the team. The problem is we're trading players that usually return blue chippers for b-level prospects due to the fact that the team is being run into the ground and we wait until players are rentals to trade them.
Rarely are blue chippers traded for anyone.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Boy I hate concussions so much. Stop them from happening somehow

If it means taking away open ice hitting (like what happened here, again) then I’m ready for it.

Concussions are a bedeviling issue for sure, cause even if we did take away open ice hitting, the result may not necessarily be what we'd expect.

And while “head shots” aren’t as much of a concern in the female game, concussions are the most common serious injury in women’s hockey. In fact, the NCAA sport with the highest concussion rate (by far) is women’s hockey. Not men’s hockey. Not football.

The reality is that female hockey players are two times more likely to suffer a concussion than male hockey players and almost three times more likely than football players. Which is pretty amazing for a sport that doesn’t allow full body-checking.

Reactions: derriko

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Really? What’s going on there? How is it happening so often in women’s?

Well at the risk of derailing the Davidsson thread, im not sure we have all the answers from science yet. Why are some people affected much more than others by concussive events. Is there even a genetic component. Some were hypothesizing this particular case may be related to women’s strength and conditioning of neck muscles compared to men and training in taking a hit.

But as most research lately seems to point out, the issue is “repetitive subconcussive impact.” . It’s not the one big hit. It is the cumulative effect of thousands of little hits

Sending student athletes to college to improve their brains, while knowing that some college sports do such heartbreaking damage to a significant number of brains may soon come to pass if insurance trends continue.

Malcolm Gladwell talking about concussions, provocatively compared college football to dogfighting. Suggesting that although sports teaches all kinds of virtues, there should be a way to teach teamwork and discipline without maiming people. As he suggested: “I mean if we could prove that coal mining taught discipline and teamwork and built school spirit, would we build coal mines on every major college campus?” He also has a pretty unique view on the story of David and Goliath that wont allow me to use that metaphor in the quite same way anymore but I digress too easily.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Well at the risk of derailing the Davidsson thread, im not sure we have all the answers from science yet. Why are some people affected much more than others by concussive events. Is there even a genetic component. Some were hypothesizing this particular case may be related to women’s strength and conditioning of neck muscles compared to men and training in taking a hit.

But as most research lately seems to point out, the issue is “repetitive subconcussive impact.” . It’s not the one big hit. It is the cumulative effect of thousands of little hits

Sending student athletes to college to improve their brains, while knowing that some college sports do such heartbreaking damage to a significant number of brains may soon come to pass if insurance trends continue.

Malcolm Gladwell talking about concussions, provocatively compared college football to dogfighting. Suggesting that although sports teaches all kinds of virtues, there should be a way to teach teamwork and discipline without maiming people. As he suggested: “I mean if we could prove that coal mining taught discipline and teamwork and built school spirit, would we build coal mines on every major college campus?” He also has a pretty unique view on the story of David and Goliath that wont allow me to use that metaphor in the quite same way anymore but I digress too easily.
I will look up malcolm gladwell and let the thread stay on topic

thanks

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

This kind of intellectual thoughtfulness has no place here! :)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
First NHL point for Davidsson tonight!
jonathan-davidsson-1934-5432.jpg

Also; You can’t tell me he doesn’t look like Craig Anderson. Even just a little bit.

Reactions: gab6511

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Two games, two impressive performances. It is not a coincidence that Chlapik and Beaudin have had their best games as Senators since Davidsson was called up and placed on their line. He is going to slowly start to surprise and impress alot of people here, he has all the tools to become a full time NHL player.

Reactions: h2owned

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I thought I remembered CBJ fans being pretty high on him. For some reason, it seems like we've got low expectations for him on our board. I've been excited to see him play, hopefully he can turn into a good player for us.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Yeah he's fast, his shot that forced the rebound was hard too, looks a lot smaller than what they suggest though.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad