Prospect Info: Jonathan Davidsson - RW

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why does the video in Clb prospect profiles make their guys look ill? Lighting is off, they have no fill lighting; it just looks so amateur...

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing him next training camp

Reactions: BigRig4

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
SHL translates at about .58 rate... Davidsson would translate to about .34ppg, so he could be expected to post about 25-30pts in the NHL next year based on that. Obviously an inexact measure though

Here are some players who posted comparable totals at similar ages:
Jakob Silfverberg
Andreas Johnsson
Patric Hornqvist
William Karlsson
Calle Jarnkrok
Alexander Steen
Marcus Johansson
Victor Olofsson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
SHL translates at about .58 rate... Davidsson would translate to about .34ppg, so he could be expected to post about 25-30pts in the NHL next year based on that. Obviously an inexact measure though

Here are some players who posted comparable totals at similar ages:
Jakob Silfverberg
Andreas Johnsson
Patric Hornqvist
William Karlsson
Calle Jarnkrok
Alexander Steen
Marcus Johansson
Victor Olofsson
Well if he turns out like any of those guys that would be pretty nice.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Well if he turns out like any of those guys that would be pretty nice.

I think Johansson is probably the most comparable. Good but not great skating, good IQ and vision, doesn't have top line skill but good bet to be a 3rd liner or possibly better.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Nice that he is in the highest level in Sweden. I'm sure he will be at camp this summer

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If he could carve out a Calle Jarnkrok like career I think we should all be thrilled. He should be on the team next year. Might be at the expense of one of Balcers/Chlapik though.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
From Mckeens
Subscribe

A strong skater with good puck skills and above average hockey intelligence, his acclimatization to the step up in competition was revelatory. His size will remain a stumbling block in his journey, and he can be a little contact-shy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He was extremely close to making the Blue Jackets this year. But he had to beat Milano and Duclair out for a top 9 job and they were scoring in bunches at the time. The Jackets wanted to keep Davidsson up but he had already declared his intent to play in Sweden with his brother if he wasn't in the lineup. If he could have waited a bit he would have gotten the job.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
He was extremely close to making the Blue Jackets this year. But he had to beat Milano and Duclair out for a top 9 job and they were scoring in bunches at the time. The Jackets wanted to keep Davidsson up but he had already declared his intent to play in Sweden with his brother if he wasn't in the lineup. If he could have waited a bit he would have gotten the job.

Hmm ottawa usually puts Swedes in the minors to see how they adjust to smaller ice. Did he have issues playing in the AHL? Or just already playing in Sweden?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hmm ottawa usually puts Swedes in the minors to see how they adjust to smaller ice. Did he have issues playing in the AHL? Or just already playing in Sweden?

He never went to the AHL. He was already under contract with Djurgardens with an NHL only out clause. He might still have that same contract next year, I'm not sure.

Davidsson isn't going to have any trouble on smaller ice I don't think. He's a fast thinking type.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
He never went to the AHL. He was already under contract with Djurgardens with an NHL only out clause. He might still have that same contract next year, I'm not sure.

Davidsson isn't going to have any trouble on smaller ice I don't think. He's a fast thinking type.

Thats good to hear tbh.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
This kid actually could have made the Jackets out of camp last year but they decided to send him back to get guaranteed ice. He is an NHLer as soon as next year imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->