Jonatan Hedström joining team Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
There will apparently be a pressconference at 8. We should get the fuller picture then. They probably wouldn't drag both Norström and Kronwall across the atlantic, unless Hävelid was out.

It's a good thing we can use them as replacement players. Imagine what the alternatives would have been.

SChan*

Chimp said:
Hockey expert Niklas Wikegård about the decision to fly in Hedström: "I think Bengt-Åke and other hockey staff har seen that there is too little temper in the Swedish team (Chimp's notes: and SPEED)."

but hedström can't play unless there is an injury.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If Hävelid can play I am betting that R. Sundin will simulate a injury. Thats why we picke him in the first place. It would be tougher to ask Oduya/Wallin to do the same.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Ola said:
If Hävelid can play I am betting that R. Sundin will simulate a injury. Thats why we picke him in the first place. It would be tougher to ask Oduya/Wallin to do the same.
Can we scramble for a plane ticket, or hire some Italian goon in Torino? If he can't fake it, we better take care of business. :sarcasm:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Chimp said:
Can we scramble for a plane ticket, or hire some Italian goon in Torino? If he can't fake it, we better take care of business. :sarcasm:

Isn't one of the Petrovicky brothers supposed to be a tough customer? Let's hope BÃ…G tells Ronnie to get under his skin. ;)

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
teme said:
More evidence they plan on throwing the game against the Russians....

Once again, what is wrong with Mikael Nylander?

If they expected Forsberg to pull out, I believe they would have put him on the taxi squad.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Leo Naphta said:
According to Swedihs newsagency TT, there is no immediate plans to actually replace a player. It is being done as a safety measure. Let's hope they are wrong.

Well, they have to let players "injure" themselves first. There is zero chance Norström is flying over without already having a spot.

SChan*

Chimp said:
Yup, Michael Nylander was the obvious replacement for Peter Forsberg.

no according to expressen hedstrom is the replacement for Forsberg in an injury situation.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
SectionX said:
no according to expressen hedstrom is the replacement for Forsberg in an injury situation.

Hedström is the replacement for every NHL forward on the team by default. But what we are saying is that if the team was worried about Forsbergs participation they would have brought Nylander in for the taxi squad. That they didn't shows that Forsberg is fine.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Freudian said:
Hedström is the replacement for every NHL forward on the team by default. But what we are saying is that if the team was worried about Forsbergs participation they would have brought Nylander in for the taxi squad. That they didn't shows that Forsberg is fine.

Not necessarily. Remember that Forsberg will be winged. Nylander is a natural center. In BÅG:s scheme of things, Hedström may well be Forsberg's natural replacement too.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Leo Naphta said:
Not necessarily. Remember that Forsberg will be winged. Nylander is a natural center. In BÅG:s scheme of things, Hedström may well be Forsberg's natural replacement too.

He plays wing right now, but who knows later in the quarter. I don't think BÃ… have planned for him to stay with PÃ¥hlsson och Axelsson. :dunno:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
gozar said:
He plays wing right now, but who knows later in the quarter. I don't think BÃ… have planned for him to stay with PÃ¥hlsson och Axelsson. :dunno:

No, the plan is probably to play him on Zetterbergs line. Considering that i) Zetterberg is right now playing center and ii) BÃ…G indicated way back in december that Peter would be winged, he will probably stay on the wing.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think they picked Ronnie because they can trust him simulate a injury if they want him too.

Why else would they have picked him?

He have not been good for Frölunda this year. He is much slower now then he was in 03', and he had allot of trouble then. I don't think our brass are stuipid. I mean Karlsson works with Sundin every day, he knows how slow he is.

Every poster on this board where against them picking Ronnie. So far his results in the tournament speaks for it self. Against US Ronnie was on he ice 13 of 15 times(according to my friend ;)) US created something. The interview with Ronnie after the game against Russia said it all, he said stuff like "Tjärnqvist was playing alone tonight", "He have probably never had a worse partner" and stuff like that.

Just about any other D on the big squad is better, like Jonny Oduya who is twice as fast as Ronnie. I can't think of another reason why they picked him.

I also think Ronnie is the type of character who Jan Karlsson can call and ask if he is up for it knowing that Ronnie wouldn't have any problems with it. I doubt they could do the same thing with Niclas Wallin for example.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Ola said:
I think they picked Ronnie because they can trust him simulate a injury if they want him too.

He have not been good for Frölunda this year. He is much slower now then he was in 03', and he had allot of trouble then. I don't think our brass are stuipid. I mean Karlsson works with Sundin every day, he knows how slow he is.

Every poster on this board where against them picking Ronnie. So far his results in the tournament speaks for it self. Against US Ronnie was on he ice 13 of 15 times(according to my friend ;)) US created something. The interview with Ronnie after the game against Russia said it all, he said stuff like "Tjärnqvist was playing alone tonight", "He have probably never had a worse partner" and stuff like that.

Just about any other D on the big squad is better, like Jonny Oduya who is twice as fast as Ronnie. I can't think of another reason why they picked him.

I also think Ronnie is the type of character who Jan Karlsson can call and ask if he is up for it knowing that Ronnie wouldn't have any problems with it. I doubt they could do the same thing with Niclas Wallin for example.
:biglaugh: :handclap:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Ola said:

Yeah, well, I think you are overly optimistic. But a migraine is pretty easy to simulate, so who knows.

Anyway, Ronnie Sundin is so slow that a physician may actually be fooled into believeing that he plays with two broken legs.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Norström isn't coming.

"I feel really bad about not going. I did a hard test on the test bike yesterday and had no symptoms afterwards, but after a skating test here in LA today the headache came back".

NAI77

Feb 18, 2006
NY
question for the Swedes, how come Huselius's name has never been mentioned? Is it because of the incident he got into last year? I guess every team made some poor personnel choices but I think that Nylander, Huselius and Alex Steen should have all been on the squad.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
NAI77 said:
question for the Swedes, how come Huselius's name has never been mentioned? Is it because of the incident he got into last year? I guess every team made some poor personnel choices but I think that Nylander, Huselius and Alex Steen should have all been on the squad.

It's the incident. Tallinder and Lilja would've been used as back up defenders otherwise, Tallinder arguably as a roster starter too.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Freudian said:
edit: not as a replacement for anyone yet but as part of the taxi squad going to Turin. Kronwall will join him tomorrow.

Another Leaf pick that was given away for nothing. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad