Jonatan Berggren

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Let's go over a few #LGRWprospects, as we have some pretty interesting highlights to go over.
- Moritz Seider's playoff run continues
- Jonatan Berggren's going to the Worlds
- Kirill Tyutyayev's signed with the Griffins

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I guess Bergreen and Raymond on the same line with GR next season

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
That's great news. It's a good sign that we are ready to start building the roster with our good, young, cheap prospects. Looking forward to seeing how they develop. LFG!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I kinda get the feeling he'll take some adjustment and be on the Griffins the bulk of the year

hopefully he does well when he does eventually get called up though(which should be at some point next year barring injury)

Reactions: Reddwit

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Why he has nothing to prove in Frolunda anymore? Seriously doubt Yzerman would've given him his ELC contract if he wasn't going to play in either Detroit or GR this season.

A lot of the gains he needs to make are conditioning related which might be easier to do in Sweden for another year. If Raymond stays over there and makes those physical gains, I'd bet he comes over the following year and skips GR entirely.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Need to set fair expectations for his first year in NA. This past year was his first in a while relatively injury free, right? For one thing, I just hope he gets ice time.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
As much as im excited for some talent to be coming my guess is most are gonna stay in grand rapids or overseas. Yzerman will once again load up on 1 year deals and have one more year for a high pick and tons of cap space available for 2022 when there is some nice free agent names

Reactions: 14ari13

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Are we even sure Raymond goes to the AHL next year? Good chances he stays in Frolunda.

They signed his ELC at the end of Frolunda's season, which is a pretty good indicator that he's going to the AHL.

It'd be kinda dumb to send him back to Frolunda considering they spread their ice time out pretty evenly. He'd be farther ahead to go to Grand Rapids, get top minutes as, "The guy", and adjust to smaller ice.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Sending Berggren back to Sweden would be a major mistake at his age and given what he just did in Sweden
He'll be 21. Time to play in North America.

Raymond is trickier. I think he might benefit from another year in Sweden, but Frolunda's roll-four approach doesn't fit the Wings' needs. I'd rather he play somewhere we gets to play in a take-charge role.
Maybe that place isn't Grand Rapids. Maybe it is. But even if it isn't, at least we know he's adapting to the North American rink/style.

Besides, no Raymond in Frolunda opens important playing time for Soderblom and Niederbach.

Reactions: Killerjas

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He'll be playing for the Wings if Bert isn't ready at the start of the season. Even if he does start in GR, it's only a matter of time before someone gets COVID or injured. This team is ridiculously injury prone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad