Confirmed with Link: Jonas Siegenthaler to a one-year, $800,000 contract

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Really good value, hopefully he takes his game to another level and improves his puck moving abilities.

I think he could benefit from playing in the Swiss league in the meantime.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
So if we take off Kempny's 2.5 for LTIR.. we have 750K left to splurge on this year? Let's go! Make it rain

I'm gonna guess Pinho (725K) takes the last spot. We can rule out CMM, Protas, Snively, AJF, Riat, Leason, Clark, and Sutter who all make too much to fit.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
That would be ideal but he’s been an NHL regular for a while, there’s no going back.

Besides, we are trying to win now and we need depth now, who cares about Siegenthaler 3-4 years from now when Ovi’s done?
Siege is below replacement player. He is terrible even for the 3rd pair limited role. The reason he is terrible 'good' at PK (actually he is terrible at PK) is that all the time he is on the ice we are playing as if it was a PK because of his inability to do anything useful on the ice excerpt staying at home and waiting for opponents to come and score a goal. On a good day he takes a penalty before he takes a goal. Thats all he can do.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Siege is below replacement player. He is terrible even for the 3rd pair limited role. The reason he is terrible 'good' at PK (actually he is terrible at PK) is that all the time he is on the ice we are playing as if it was a PK because of his inability to do anything useful on the ice excerpt staying at home and waiting for opponents to come and score a goal. On a good day he takes a penalty before he takes a goal. Thats all he can do.

Lol come on you have to be kidding here.

The Caps have been excellent on the PK since they won the Cup, while our PP has sucked because they still haven’t figured out how to gain the offensive zone consistently.

Siegenthaler makes good decisions defensively and has a large size that allows him to clear the crease well.

His main flaw is that he handles the puck like a grenade and can’t move the puck well to the forwards.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
No objections to that price tag. If he flops like he did in the COVID Cup, $800K is easy to swallow as a #7. If he resumes being an effective role player, $800K is a steal.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
lmfao, you're making it sound like siegenthaler is jack johnson
when as shown in this tweet that was posted above, he doesnt suck and is above replacement

Last edited:

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
so Siegenthaler and TVR will be competing for the #7 spot, right? I guess one of them could theoretically outplay someone higher up in the lineup.

Carlson / Dillon
Orlov / Shultz
Jensen / TVR or Siegenthaler

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
so Siegenthaler and TVR will be competing for the #7 spot, right? I guess one of them could theoretically outplay someone higher up in the lineup.

Carlson / Dillon
Orlov / Shultz
Jensen / TVR or Siegenthaler
Jensen cant play LD, jensen and TvR will fight for it, or jensen gets traded which i personally think is likely since i doubt TvR signed to be a 7D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad