Jonas Johansson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking around, and happened to see how poor Jonas Johansson's stats were this season. His numbers are terrible for a first round pick, particularly one who's a scorer. But the strange part is he put up nearly as many points last season in 46 fewer games. Kamloops offense isn't nearly as good as the year before, but that's a huge drop in production. Any explanations, or revised projections?

2003-04 WHL Season Kamloops Blazers 72 18 19 37

2002-03 WHL Season Kamloops Blazers 26 10 25 35

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I think if I can recall he had a bad injury last year. And he is shaking of rust this year. He still has the great skating, slick puckhandling and playmaking. I believe he will be back with authority next year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He had the end of last season and all summer to 'shake off the rust'.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Vincent_TheGreat said:
You don't shake rust off in the summer, you do it with lots of playing time, not everybody recovers quickly.

I disagree.

As a caps fan, I'm willing to admit he's just a flash in the pan.

Maybe has some tools, but built like glass and will take away from what he could ever accomplish.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Chimaera said:
I disagree.

As a caps fan, I'm willing to admit he's just a flash in the pan.

Maybe has some tools, but built like glass and will take away from what he could ever accomplish.

I feel the same way. Pisses me off too, they gave up Kono (who's been unbeleivable for COL) and wind up with nothing. I really doubt they sign him and let him go back into the draft.....any idea what, if any, compensation the Caps would get?

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
b-mad said:
I feel the same way. Pisses me off too, they gave up Kono (who's been unbeleivable for COL) and wind up with nothing. I really doubt they sign him and let him go back into the draft.....any idea what, if any, compensation the Caps would get?

I don't think they get any compensation. Not much of a return, but Kono wanted to go.

SwOOsh*

A late second round pick this year. But, I don't think they'll let him walk.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
A late second round pick this year. But, I don't think they'll let him walk.

I know they need all the prospects they can get but this guy is showing absolutely nothing. I'm goin by his stats but they're atrocious for a supposed scorer who's playin in juniors at that age. Besides, didn't Lacroix trade him because he wanted a huge contract....something I'm sure Leonsis isn't eager to deal out for such a suspect prospect.

SwOOsh*

He hasn't had a great season, but he does have the tools to become a decent NHL'er. His playoff performance isn't that bad either, as he is in second in scoring with 2 goals and 2 assist for his team, in 5 games.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
I think you guys are being to tough on him..He's still a great player and played on a bad offensive team this year. That tied along with the fact he suffered a bad injury the previous year. Just wait until next season, the kids gonna be back in form..just wait.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Jonas is the most skilled player on the Blazers team and therefore faces the most tenacious checking game in and game out. Everyone expected more out of him this year, but he is by no means a wash.

He has a sniper skill-set and mentality and an NHL shot. He simply needs to play through traffic better and back check. Which are things a lot of youngsters need to do.

The only thing that scared me is that I have watched Johansson a few times this year, and the comparison that kept popping up was Jan Hlavac...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad