Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
How much part did Brodin have in his -3 against the Oilers? Were any of the goals directly his fault? That game really looks bad on paper for his Calder chance.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I truly hope that the ones in charge of voting for Calder winners don't base any decisions on one game.

OpRedDawn*

Brodin interview from today on wild.com

His English is coming along really well :yo:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can't believe nobody posted the video in the Calder thread.

Whenever someone has posted gifs or videos of Brodin's play in the past people have picked it apart to say he's really not that good, the plays aren't that special, or my favorite, which just happened today with that gif against Nashville, "That was bad defense that was saved by an amazing defensive play".

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How much part did Brodin have in his -3 against the Oilers? Were any of the goals directly his fault? That game really looks bad on paper for his Calder chance.

Goalies couldn't stop a beach ball. It was awful.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Whenever someone has posted gifs or videos of Brodin's play in the past people have picked it apart to say he's really not that good, the plays aren't that special, or my favorite, which just happened today with that gif against Nashville, "That was bad defense that was saved by an amazing defensive play".
I think you probably need to check it back now.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Oh man I love debating with Oilers fans and watching them try in every possible way to avoid refuting the actual assertion that you blatantly state numerous times you are trying to make. Just makes it that much sweeter as they grasp at straws, while their Yakupovian walls fall down around them :)

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I can understand forward bias but as a hockey writer you SHOULD know who you are voting for beyond the G+A category.

I'm sorry but 19 year old dman that play almost 24 minutes on no PP time don't just come around the NHL all the time. for instance against Chicago he played 34 minutes, next closest guy? Spurgeon at 26 minutes and Spurgie got PP time.

Yeah #Calder

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I can understand forward bias but as a hockey writer you SHOULD know who you are voting for beyond the G+A category.

I'm sorry but 19 year old dman that play almost 24 minutes on no PP time don't just come around the NHL all the time. for instance against Chicago he played 34 minutes, next closest guy? Spurgeon at 26 minutes and Spurgie got PP time.

Yeah #Calder

He played a damn good game last night in spite of the Hossa goal. His physical play is developing like the rest of his game, efficient.

OpRedDawn*

Can't believe how good he is. It's scary. His boardplay last night was quite nice too. Lots of leverage and positioning, as well as not being scared to push with his stick

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Elliotte Friedman's Awards Picks:

CBC.ca

Calder

He was the best rookie forward, but not the best rookie. That honour goes to Brodin. "How many times do you say a 19-year-old NHL defenceman is better defensively than offensively?" said one GM.

The most ridiculous argument against him is, "Well, he played with Suter, so he looks better." If Saad gets credit for being able to stick with Toews and Marian Hossa, Brodin gets credit for being able to stick with Suter.

He played 1:38 more per game than any other rookie. He played 1:30 more than second-place Brenden Dillon at even-strength. No Minnesota defenceman who played a full season had a fewer percentage of offensive-zone starts. A lot of responsibility was placed on his shoulders, and he handled it superbly.

Norris

But, this year, the best is Suter. He had to make an adjustment from Nashville's man-to-man defensive coverage to Minnesota's more "zone-style" setup. Once he got used to it, he carried that blue-line. Suter led the NHL in minutes played and time on ice per game, overall and at even-strength. Suter isn't a Subban- or Letang-esque points machine, but he was second among defencemen in assists.

In the last week of the season, with the Wild locked in a near-death spiral, he played 30:46 against Calgary, 32:17 against the Kings, 24:24 against Edmonton (blowout) and 32:54 against Colorado. Good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad