Confirmed with Link: Jonas Brodin Extended - 7yrs ($42M - $6M/y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's ok. On the high end of acceptable, so not fantastic, but not bad by any means.

Keep the top 4 through expansion, protect 4 and 4.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
So it’s really only a 3yr from the start of the “new” contract after his previous contract expires at the end of next season? That’s fine with me.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Takes him to just shy of 32. Not an issue in terms of his play for those years, but we continue to handcuff ourselves and hinder our flexibility

His last NMC season will commence 2.5 months after he turns 31. And he'll play the entire season at that age. It takes him to 31.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
His last NMC season will commence 2.5 months after he turns 31. And he'll play the entire season at that age. It takes him to 31.

I don't know if we're arguing semantics or what, but the NMC is in effect until July 1, 2025. He turns 32 on July 12, 2025.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Technically he could still be traded sometime between now and the end of next season, right? Never gonna happen unless BG is an absolute prick, but just wondering.

I don't think this means Dumba is for sure gone, but the writing is on the wall. Still, if there's not a for-sure Top 6 center available for him, I think keeping him is the best move. Our Top 4 is more valuable to me as a group than breaking it apart to gamble on a center.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Technically he could still be traded sometime between now and the end of next season, right? Never gonna happen unless BG is an absolute prick, but just wondering.

I don't think this means Dumba is for sure gone, but the writing is on the wall. Still, if there's not a for-sure Top 6 center available for him, I think keeping him is the best move. Our Top 4 is more valuable to me as a group than breaking it apart to gamble on a center.

No. Same with Spurgeon, they made NMC start this upcoming season. Apparently you can do that.

Reactions: Spurgeon

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

No. They closed that in the latest CBA. NMCs can now take effect immidiatly in some situations. Brodin's is now in effect.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This franchise gives away NMCs like they are candy. The lack of flexibility is frustrating.
Agreed, it's another case where it shouldn't matter much, but it's still frustrating that every big contract has one it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad