Proposal: Jonas Brodin and Kevin Fiala to NSH

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's called investing.

Trade a promising player to a bad team for a good return, watch them crater his value, then get him back for cheaper than you got him for.
He's cheaper because the Wild were run by an inept GM at the time and Poile took advantage of him. No other GM besides Fenton would've made that deal.

Props to you guys... terrible for us. :ha:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I didn’t make the thread asking for your prospects

Oh. In that case, why don't the wild trade you both NHL players and prospects. We'll just take whatever you have lying around.
That post originally had at the end of it a sentence along the lines of "Is there a way we can do this with just roster players", but somehow that got eaten. :(

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
If you think that's funny, you're probably on the wrong board.
I think it’s funny that you think Nashville would give up Tomasino++ at this point in his young career for a player they already traded and still don’t need. Brodin is interesting, but Poile isn’t giving up a very promising price controlled forward in Tomasino not to mention ++ for a player who would be a 3rd pair defenseman for NSH. Set your sights lower and don’t include Fiala.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think it’s funny that you think Nashville would give up Tomasino++ at this point in his young career for a player they already traded and still don’t need. Brodin is interesting, but Poile isn’t giving up a very promising price controlled forward in Tomasino not to mention ++ for a player who would be a 3rd pair defenseman for NSH. Set your sights lower and don’t include Fiala.
You can understand our confusion as to why this thread exists, then.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You did figure out that a Preds fan started this thread? And that he specifically asked for Fiala and Brodin?

Reactions: Steeler23

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
You can understand our confusion as to why this thread exists, then.
I can’t imagine why someone would start this thread. Seems like trading just to trade without making any actually hockey sense to me. I dunno either

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
You did figure out that a Preds fan started this thread? And that he specifically asked for Fiala and Brodin?
Yeah but he wasn’t the one throwing Tomasino++ in there as an actual option though.
It’s a senseless thread no doubt

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah but he wasn’t the one throwing Tomasino++ in there as an actual option though.
It’s a senseless thread no doubt

Can't see why we'd move Fiala and Brodin for anything but Tomasino++

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the value isn't there. Tomasino turns into Fiala if things go well. You're asking for a top 4 defenseman on top of it? Yeah, it's Tomasino++.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If Minnesota is going to blow things up to the extent of trading a 23-year old Fiala and a 26-year old Brodin, then I think they are definitely within their rights to be going after our best prospects... and with a ++ very much attached.

It's also $7M coming to the Preds, and the team only has $3M in cap space, so it'd also have to involve a contract like Turris going to the Wild, which is another something the Wild have no reason to want.

I just don't think that's a trade scenario that benefits the Predators enough to chase. We need to build up our prospect pool, not tear it down for middle-lineup players. And if Minnesota starts selling off assets for a rebuild, they have quite a heap of even older guys to start shopping one by one for futures before Fiala and Brodin. Alternatively, if the two teams were just making a "hockey trade" instead --- I'm just not seeing that as anything but sideways-at-best for us either --- Jarnkrok and Ekholm for Fiala and Brodin? No thanks!!!

I think if the Preds are looking to patch holes, either at #2LW or #5/6D, there are going to be cheaper veteran players to go after, preferably as short-term rentals, rather than try to pry anybody's younger players away at exorbitant trade costs. Our longer term solutions to those holes in our roster should come from within our own development system.

Reactions: Steeler23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad