Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Wtf then why did we recall him and Lockwood in the first place instead of leaving them to play in the ahl?

Probably based on the same reason Weisbrod helped offer sheet O'Reilly when he had to first pass through waivers and why the team tendered a non-CBA compliant contract to Tryamkin. This team is being run by morons.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Green confirmed he's not in tonight. Apparently we can't put him in because we've used all of our recalls.

Pathetic.
It’s pathetic that the league wouldn’t make an exception for the Canucks given the ridiculous schedule that they’ve foisted on them. But then the health of its players doesn’t seem like a high priority with this league.

Reactions: Mr4legs and moog35

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It’s pathetic that the league wouldn’t make an exception for the Canucks given the ridiculous schedule that they’ve foisted on them. But then the health of its players doesn’t seem like a high priority with this league.

I agree with you, but let's not take any discredit away from Benning and co. They are 100% incompetent and absolutely had no idea.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

upload_2021-5-13_13-47-54.jpeg

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Can someone advise the call up limit rules. Is it a hard limit, or is it proportional to the number of injuries we have.

Our players have been dropping like flies all year, it seems odd that we’ve maxed out call ups.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Can someone advise the call up limit rules. Is it a hard limit, or is it proportional to the number of injuries we have.

Our players have been dropping like flies all year, it seems odd that we’ve maxed out call ups.

The Canucks have used their 4 post trade deadline call ups, and now would be forced to use an emergency call up if someone sustains injury. It's my understanding that Gadjovich was called up when he was to serve as a potential emergency call up (though anyone on the taxi squad could've).

Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong) this Sunday NHL rosters will expand, at which point the call up limit will no longer be in effect, and Lind/Gadjovich/Lockwood etc would be eligible to play.

So there's some hope (possibly) that we see the kids play in the last few games.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Canucks have used their 4 post trade deadline call ups, and now would be forced to use an emergency call up if someone sustains injury. It's my understanding that Gadjovich was called up when he was to serve as a potential emergency call up (though anyone on the taxi squad could've).

Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong) this Sunday NHL rosters will expand, at which point the call up limit will no longer be in effect, and Lind/Gadjovich/Lockwood etc would be eligible to play.

So there's some hope (possibly) that we see the kids play in the last few games.
Gadj and Lockwood would both still need to quarantine for 7 days when they arrived. Let's keep that in mind. Plus, with the Canucks not practicing with so many games in so few days, it's just the spares and taxi guys who are practicing at the moment.

So, the question is timing. How many more AHL games would these 2 kids have played to still go through their 7 day quarantine and play in the final 3 games on Sun/Tue/Wed that they would be eligible to play? Does throwing these kids in cold after their 7 day quarantine benefit them or should they be able to get acquainted with the coaches for a couple of days first before they get put into the lineup better. That is your tradeoff.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Gadj and Lockwood would both still need to quarantine for 7 days when they arrived. Let's keep that in mind. Plus, with the Canucks not practicing with so many games in so few days, it's just the spares and taxi guys who are practicing at the moment.

So, the question is timing. How many more AHL games would these 2 kids have played to still go through their 7 day quarantine and play in the final 3 games on Sun/Tue/Wed that they would be eligible to play? Does throwing these kids in cold after their 7 day quarantine benefit them or should they be able to get acquainted with the coaches for a couple of days first before they get put into the lineup better. That is your tradeoff.

Throw Lockwood out there with Hughes. Instant chemistry! Throw Gadj out there and tell him to stand in front of the net.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
IMac is reporting that with the end of the regular season this weekend, the AHL callup rules no longer apply. So the Canucks will able to get Lockwood and Gadjovich into their last three games with Calgary.

Something to look forward to in what will otherwise be pretty tough games to watch.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's hard to be very visible in 4:55 TOI.
Even if they prorated his ice time for the 17 minutes in penalties that he got, that's still only around 7 minutes.

People need to be realistic. He quarantined for 7 days when he arrived. No practice time with the regulars, just the taxi squad guys given the Canuck's compressed schedule of the final 7 games in 10 days.

I wouldn't expect much from Lockwood either. he's eligible to play the final 2 games after his quarantine, but he's gone 7 days not working out unless there was a bike and some weights in the place he is staying at. Hopefully the Canucks ownership had that setup for these callups.

These games are meant to give them a taste of NHL speed and extra motivation in their off-season training.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Yeah I don't hold out a ton of hope for him..........his skating looked really clunky. Would be amazing if he could turn into a player however that's a reallll long shot it looks like at this point.

rocketchu

Mar 22, 2017
I am surprised by the comments on his skating. Not exactly nimble, but far better than I was expecting after seeing him a few years back and certainly no worse than Pearson or the majority of players of that size and style. I will ignore the fight even though it may have been the best of the season for the team. I was actually encouraged until I came on here but that is not the first time!

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Probably based on the same reason Weisbrod helped offer sheet O'Reilly when he had to first pass through waivers and why the team tendered a non-CBA compliant contract to Tryamkin. This team is being run by morons.

Not a fan of Weisbrod, but I think this criticism is BS stupidity. The guy was working under a GM who actually possessed a law degree from one of the best law schools in the US. But blame the English major.

And are the people running the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2020 (which includes Bill Zito) morons? They tried to sign a guy who wasn't eligible to be signed.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not a fan of Weisbrod, but I think this criticism is BS stupidity. The guy was working under a GM who actually possessed a law degree from one of the best law schools in the US. But blame the English major.

And are the people running the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2020 (which includes Bill Zito) morons? They tried to sign a guy who wasn't eligible to be signed.

Whatever degree he has or doesn't have doesn't excuse being part a huge blunder. Many if not most people don't end up working in the area of their degree after a few years in the workforce. It doesn't mean they aren't expected the know the ins and outs of the job they are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad