Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
The transformation of the AHL is impressive. A lot more young players (U26/27)are getting top line minutes who are out of college or 2-3 years out. The older veterans (Boucher/Leipsic/Frisen/Grenier) that usually got AHL contracts are in Europe because the AHL started in February.

NHL expansion dilutes talent and creates opportunity for young guys like Gadjovich. Look around the league at how many 20-23 kids who performed at PPG in the AHL got a look in the NHL.

Utica is a long way from Vancouver and borders are still closed, so Gadjovich/Lind should stay in their groove in the AHL.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Can't see his skill set translating to the NHL, but here's to hoping.

Agree, unfortunately. He'll be NHL-calibre near the net-- strong enough to get position and genuinely gifted at deflections and rebounds, can shoot okay-- but there's literally nothing else about his game that seems to project to the NHL. And I think some people are forgetting about the watered-down nature of the AHL this season. But we never know for sure, sometimes guys just take awhile longer to come around.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah. Which is really too bad, because the way he's playing it would have been nice to give him a look in Pearson's spot next year. But we already made our pick there.
He would have zero chance of playing in the top 6. A solid 4th liner if we are lucky. Pearson has nothing to do w Gadj. No rush with this player. Next year hopefully Lind, Rath, Pod. Following year Woo and Gadj (plus this years top 10)

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gadjovich could be the second coming of Lee Goren, or maybe a Patrick Maroon at the other end of the scale.

One thing is for certain....he's a load to handle from the goal to 15 feet out, and a lot of goals in the NHL are scored from these dirty areas. It's just a question of whether he can keep up in the neutral zone and how he plays along the wall in his own zone.

But given where he's coming from as a prospect, at least this year he's re-inserted himself into the conversation.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
That Pearson signing making so much more sense now, now we can lose the Gad! GM Benning long term thinking!

992712-capture.png;w=850

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd like to see him get a few games in... He just keeps producing at the AHL level, even with Lind gone, so why not see what we have?

I had written this guy off entirely previously, good to know he may be a prospect again in some capacity.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'd like to see him get a few games in... He just keeps producing at the AHL level, even with Lind gone, so why not see what we have?

I had written this guy off entirely previously, good to know he may be a prospect again in some capacity.
It would be great to see Gads and other Comets (Bone, Woo, Jasek) get up here and play so we can see what we have in those guys. Not too sure when the Comets are done, but we should have Gads up here to see if his legs can carry him in the NHL.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
All of the complex reconnoitring by the Nucks Braintrust about needing to protect Meyers, and Pearson and offering Holtby a 5.7M contract in the upcoming year as a poison pill are fairly humorous.

Unless there is some other weird rule imposed upon Seattle that they have to take a bad player on a bad contract, the Canucks are probably poised to loose either Virtanen, Lind, MacEwan or Inspector Gadget to Seattle.

So don't get too attached.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Just a note, but Lind is not the production driver on the team at all. If anything he's riding on the coattails of a very good playmaker at the AHL level in Sam Anas

But Gadjovich's unique skillset is something that I find very interesting, and if he can overcome skating deficiencies in the NHL he could be a very valuable bottom sixer with PP utility

Reactions: lindgren

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Unfortunately, saying a players upside is bottom six plays into their Hockey Ops narrative that a bottom six player actually matters very much. Canucks have a Dead Sea filled with bottom 6 players. In fact they have a Sea of players who aren't good enough to play bottom six but are still paid by the Canucks to be on the taxi squad (Eriksson) or player in the minors (Baertschi).

The only way they build a championship team is by building another two 2nd line calibre lines otherwise they will just MEGNAfy their problem.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
All of the complex reconnoitring by the Nucks Braintrust about needing to protect Meyers, and Pearson and offering Holtby a 5.7M contract in the upcoming year as a poison pill are fairly humorous.

Unless there is some other weird rule imposed upon Seattle that they have to take a bad player on a bad contract, the Canucks are probably poised to loose either Virtanen, Lind, MacEwan or Inspector Gadget to Seattle.

So don't get too attached.
In their defence, Meyers tend to be sweeter, less acidic and more fragrant than other more common types of lemon. They aren't easy to find year round so I think it's possible Seattle would be interested.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Where do you see Gadjovich slotting into the forward lines at the NHL level though? I admit I haven't seen him play much. Does he have the defense and footspeed to play in a matchup role, or is he more suited to being a complimentary player to a possession driving forward pair? From what I've read, its a bit hard to place him unless we have two speedy possession players on the third line, where he can lay the body on the forecheck and play a bit deeper and around the net from the left side. We really need a possession driving, two-way 3rd line center who can skate, someone like Petey but who isn't so damned elite at everything. Our fourth line seems to be going the way of two-way speed on the wings with size, and PK ability, just short shifting and D-zone starts.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Pearson got a verbal agreement he would be protected in the expansion draft.

With Gaudette gone and protecting Pearson, the team can protect one of Motte, Virtanen, MacEwen, Lind, Gadjovich, and one of the veterans.

It would have been better of Pearson was signed after the expansion draft then it would be even slimmer pickings for Seattle. Might be a good opportunity (if it exists) to trade one of those guys + pick to a team who can't protect one of their good young(ish) Dman.

Reactions: NomadicCanadian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->