Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When you look at what MacEwen has accomplished after three years in the Canuck organization, I guess there's some hope for Gadjovich.

A lot of the criticisms around skating, hockey sense etc. for big Mac were the same ones we're hearing with Gadjovich. Unfortunately this disjointed season isn't going to help his development.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I never saw the big concern over MacEwen's skating. Saw him live a couple of years ago (pretty much at the same age as Gad is now) and he looked fine at the NHL level. Gadjovich is definitely a step or two slower.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
This pick was made with the hope that Gadjovich would improve his skating.

He hasn't, but I still definitely respect the thinking behind it.

He did improve his skating somewhat but it still needs a fair bit of work to get close to NHL caliber.

I also like the pick,I just wish our scouting staff had more draft capital to take swings like this and hope one connects.
Unfortunately,Benning just can't seem to formulate any kind of plan to acquire extra picks and constantly wastes the ones we have on players that could be picked up later on waivers if he wasn't so impatient or such an easy mark.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If the player can focus strictly on being a better skater, he can still turn it around.

There is still time, if he wants it.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If the player can focus strictly on being a better skater, he can still turn it around.

There is still time, if he wants it.
Just gotta go to the Bo Horvat School of Skating (BHSS) and BAM

Blackjackz

Jun 23, 2008
Vancouver, BC
If the AHL doesn't open up this season, Gadjovich should use this opportunity to really focus his attention on becoming an NHL skater. During a regular season, this is not going to happen when you are playing every other night or practicing 2 times a day... but this may be a rare opportunity to take the situation and run with it, and really addressing the gaping hole in his skillset.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gadjovich is still only 22.....still a chance he can pick up the extra step he needs to challenge for a spot in the NHL. As we saw last year, he has a nice set of hands in close and and can rip it on his shot.

But regardless, his name will live on in Canuck draft trivia....who was the kid the Canucks drafted with the compensatory second round pick they received from Columbus for signing Torts as their coach? For that reason alone, you hope it works out for him.

Oddleifson

Sep 28, 2011
New Westminster
Gadjovich is still only 22.....still a chance he can pick up the extra step he needs to challenge for a spot in the NHL. As we saw last year, he has a nice set of hands in close and and can rip it on his shot.

But regardless, his name will live on in Canuck draft trivia....who was the kid the Canucks drafted with the compensatory second round pick they received from Columbus for signing Torts as their coach? For that reason alone, you hope it works out for him.

Gadjo has _already_ done more for this team than Torts ever did... :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad