Jon Merrill

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I'm surprised Merrill doesn't have his own thread yet. What is taking so long with him returning to the lineup? When he joined the team for the road trip I thought he was ready to go...apparently not.

Any news on when he is expected back in the lineup? He was playing some big minutes before he got hurt. With Severson playing well, what partner would you expect Merrill to be paired with? Would you guys expect top minutes again?

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
He has a Paul Martin arm injury going on. As for partner I'd like to see him paired up with Larsson. The two have looked great together in the past. And they would be a great shutdown option.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
It sounds as if Merrill could be back as soon as Tuesday night. Who knows though with this team. I do however want them to shake up the D pairs a little bit. How about:

Merrill-Severson
Greene-Larsson
Helgeson-Zidlicky

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Greene-Severson
Merrill-Zidlicky
Gelinas-Larsson

I'd probably send Helgeson back down and keep Harrold as the extra. Not that Helgeson has played poorly, but I'd rather he play than sit.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Greene-Severson
Merrill-Zidlicky
Gelinas-Larsson

I'd probably send Helgeson back down and keep Harrold as the extra. Not that Helgeson has played poorly, but I'd rather he play than sit.

Agreed, and I think that's the most likely course of action when Merrill comes back. Hopefully it's soon, and hopefully Merrill's play picks up considerably, compared to how he was playing before he got injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad