Jon Jones tested CLEAN! The GOAT is back

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Uh no. It makes his positive tests before even more suspect. If they were truly metabolites from 18 months ago, why have they continually disappeared and reappeared in subsequent tests? If he had old metabolites in his system it would be consistent and trip on every test.
'
Man you guys are such fanbois that you miss this. Weak sauce. lol

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Uh no. It makes his positive tests before even more suspect.

Not if the pulsing effect is real, which it seems to be based on the test results that have been revealed since the summer of 2018.

From what I read, it looks like he tested positive for the same metabolite back in August and September, then he had a few negative tests, then positive again in December, and now it's negative again. On the surface one may assume that he's cycling, the issue here is that the metabolite they're finding is a long term one and in a very tiny amount. If he was cycling within the past few months, he would have short or medium metabolites in his system.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not if the pulsing effect is real, which it seems to be based on the test results that have been revealed since the summer of 2018.

From what I read, it looks like he tested positive for the same metabolite back in August and September, then he had a few negative tests, then positive again in December, and now it's negative again. On the surface one may assume that he's cycling, the issue here is that the metabolite they're finding is a long term one and in a very tiny amount. If he was cycling within the past few months, he would have short or medium metabolites in his system.

I think the article on MMA fighting that quoted Victor Conte's (former BALCO president) theory that the metabolites were from cross contamination with what substance he was really taking makes the most sense to me.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So the "long term metabolites" appear in his test 6 days before the fight, we're giving this pulsing effect BS from Nowitizki (who wrongly attributed Rodchenkov, as the whole pulsing effect was discovered in just one person, who was a middle-aged non-athlete) and then all of a sudden there are zero metabolites in his system the day of the fight?

It's not so much whether Jones cheated or not. What raises the red flag for me is all the discrepancies and contradictions by USADA. Bottom line is, they're winging it. And when their parent organization, WADA, is coming out and admitting they have no clue how certain substances work in the body (see the Chris Froome debacle), it's hard to hold them with high esteem. It should be more clear than ever now that if you have the money to defend yourself, and have a billion dollar company in your corner, USADA will take care of you.

We'll see what happens when Nevada tests him in March. End of the day, it's pathetic that Jones testing "clean" has become breaking news.

Reactions: Winger98 and LSCII

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Happy that he is back.

I am not a Jones hater ... i love DC .... not the same.
but Jones is also a good one and an amazing fighter.

(i still think that nobody gave a try at his legs under the knees in a good old Muay Thai way ... )

But yess ... he has been the best. (disputably since the last fight against DC he was helped by some substances)

This aside ... he is the best.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What exactly does him testing clean change?

Nothing for me.

USADA came into affect mid 2015.

Early 2015(UFC 182) he fought DC and someone said his testosterone ratios were alarmingly out of place.

UFC 200 he tested positive

UFC 214 he tested positive.

UFC 232 he tested positive.

That means in 4 years he's had one fight where he didn't test positive. It's nuts...

Reactions: RoarBacon

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Early 2015(UFC 182) he fought DC and someone said his testosterone ratios were alarmingly out of place.
They weren't just out of place, his testosterone count was straight up that of a 90 year old woman....something like a count of 40 IIRC

(i'm not sure if that's the time if it happened, but he was definitely tested for something around that)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The funniest thing is, no one cares. The UFC and Novitzky have swept it up so much, Jones could fail every f***ing test for the rest of his career for his shit and no one would care.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So I guess the question is...if he never took PEDs in the first place (as he claims) and it was some accidental pinch of salt in an olympic sized swimming pool amount how does it buck the trend in other studies of only leaving trace amounts for 2-3 months? How do his picograms per mL keep going up?

I'm no scientist so I'd love to hear how this whole explanation really works. Sounds like Jon Jones 'accidentally' took a 'trace amount' of Turinabol in some kind of pill or food and his body is now multiplying and pulsing it indefinitely. That's mighty strange.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
For those who are looking to be a bit more informed on the topic, Luke Thomas has had CSAC's Andy Foster on his show a couple times in the last month or so and he's been great at explaining everything. I'm sure you can find the info out there.

The best way to term it is that they are continuously learning about the subject. People can think whatever they want about Jones, but more importantly everyone involved has learned how to interpret these tests so that in the future they will properly be able to punish the guys who are cheating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad