Jon Huber (Brodie Lee/Luke Harper) passed away

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Alvarez says he heard he was in the ICU two months ago but couldn’t get it confirmed. Then when he heard Brodie Jr. do the angle with Omega after some tapings he asked people if Brodie was there and nobody gave him an answer so that’s when he started figuring out something wasn’t good

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alvarez says he heard he was in the ICU two months ago but couldn’t get it confirmed. Then when he heard Brodie Jr. do the angle with Omega after some tapings he asked people if Brodie was there and nobody gave him an answer so that’s when he started figuring out something wasn’t good
Dave also said he was supposed to just be off TV and then got sick not long after that last match with Cody. Doesn’t sound like he was taken off because of injury/illness. Everyone knew that he was in a bad way it sounds like.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dave also said he was supposed to just be off TV and then got sick not long after that last match with Cody. Doesn’t sound like he was taken off because of injury/illness. Everyone knew that he was in a bad way it sounds like.

yup, just listening to him now- seems like his lungs just stopped working

life is so fragile

Literally hopped on the peloton, got way more fatigued than usual, then within weeks is in ICU. Probably on a ventilator. This strong beast of a man. Nothing is guaranteed.

I will say it was a little weird that they specifically said it was a non-covid 19 related illness but didn’t elaborate. It’s probably only to take some heat off of AEW, which is fair and something Brodie probably would have wanted given he’s best friends with one of their executives.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I've seen plenty of these as "Being the Elite" is the wrestling content I probably watch more consistently than anything else these days. Some great stuff here which will probably make you laugh but will also show how he was working with the younger guys. The segment starting at 3:35 is absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^ Hard not to love just how much Xavier pays homage in wrestling. Dude really really really has a passion and you can feel it. That was perfect.

And man.. for day to day work I work for a big healthcare company so I see and hear stories all the time of sudden deaths. One stood out to me of someone my age, very healthy, went to the doctor with a persistent annoying headache and ended up being brain cancer and he passed within months.

This one is more mind boggling than any story I can ever remember. The guy was putting on professional wrestling matches that were awesome just 2 months ago. He was hilarious on BTE just a little time ago. And from a lung issue, I cannot recall one single healthy 41 year old have a diagnosis and death that fast without SOME sign of issue. It's almost like I cannot wrap my head around it.

It is a shame his kids will be without a father that from what we see was one f***ing hell of a dad. It's a shame. Keep that man's memory alive forever.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from f4wonline.com:

Following the death of Jon Huber (Brodie Lee) on Saturday, Dave Meltzer shared some details on Sunday's Wrestling Observer Radio on what led to him being hospitalized.

Following Lee's dog collar match with Cody Rhodes on the October 7th Dynamite where he lost the TNT title, the plan was for him to be off for several weeks selling the severity of the match.

During his break, he was working out on his Peleton and got very tired, so much so that he couldn't finish his workout. Shortly thereafter, the condition affecting his lungs got considerably worse and he was hospitalized at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, at the end of October. Meltzer didn't have any specifics on what the condition was as Huber's wife, Amanda, has only said it was a non-Covid related lung issue.

The company was aware of what was going on as Huber's wife had told them, but the family didn't want it out publicly.

The 41-year-old was a popular figure with his co-workers through his near-two decades in pro wrestling as social media was flooded all weekend with glowing tributes, stories, and pictures from his friends and family.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
from f4wonline.com:

Following the death of Jon Huber (Brodie Lee) on Saturday, Dave Meltzer shared some details on Sunday's Wrestling Observer Radio on what led to him being hospitalized.

Following Lee's dog collar match with Cody Rhodes on the October 7th Dynamite where he lost the TNT title, the plan was for him to be off for several weeks selling the severity of the match.

During his break, he was working out on his Peleton and got very tired, so much so that he couldn't finish his workout. Shortly thereafter, the condition affecting his lungs got considerably worse and he was hospitalized at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, at the end of October. Meltzer didn't have any specifics on what the condition was as Huber's wife, Amanda, has only said it was a non-Covid related lung issue.

The company was aware of what was going on as Huber's wife had told them, but the family didn't want it out publicly.

The 41-year-old was a popular figure with his co-workers through his near-two decades in pro wrestling as social media was flooded all weekend with glowing tributes, stories, and pictures from his friends and family.

Thats so scary stuff. Damn. So terrible it happened to him. :(

Reactions: ColePens

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Was really sad to hear this news the other day. One of the most talented big men of all time.

RIP

Reactions: Kaner9

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am floored by the massive outpouring of comments throughout the wrestling industry. There have been far bigger NAMES lost over the years, but this guy just seemed so universally revered by literally everyone he encountered. I fully expect tonight's Dynamite to be absolutely stellar, start to finish. The card looks like they said "f*** it, let's just have some fun and give the audience a night off in his honor. No story. Let's just have a good night." I won't be surprised if there are some waterworks at some point tonight.

Far too young. Rest in power Mr. Brodie Lee

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Plenty of AEW tributes, but these two stood out to me the most:

I remember hearing this in the last year and thought I'd post it. High praise from someone whom I suspect really knows:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Plenty of AEW tributes, but these two stood out to me the most:

I remember hearing this in the last year and thought I'd post it. High praise from someone whom I suspect really knows:

that Christopher Daniels one at the end of the tribute vid was so sad and pure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad