Jon Huber (Brodie Lee/Luke Harper) passed away

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I had noticed he was off TV but never heard a reason why, don’t think I even saw or heard it mentioned.

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
2020 has been such a shit year. This is a shock and a kick to the nuts all at once, given how young he is.

RIP.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't really post a lot in these sorts of threads and sometimes wonder at some of the posts. I'll go ahead and change all that now though. I guess I'm just a mark, but I was a big Lee/Harper fan. Big fan of the Wyatt Family where he was introduced to me and he's easily someone who could carry himself without being a player in a faction. As much as I didn't like certain aspects of him leading the Dark Order initially (largely down to reasons of aesthetics), I was happy to see him get the push. That said some of the recent vignettes I've seen really were changing my take on him in that role and I really liked what I was seeing. He seemed to be embody the character more than I expected and I think his talent was on display as a result.

Anyway, I seem to recall an interview I saw once when I first learned of him and he seemed to be a down to earth family guy. Sad to see him go.

Reactions: ColePens

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm freaking gutted by this. Only a few years older than me, and by all accounts, just the best goddamn human.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
I think is one of his best matches as a singles competitor against Randy Orton at elimination chamber in 2017

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Last match was that dog collar match, which was surprisingly quite good.

A really terrific worker and a rare talent for that size

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This is the guy who I was so excited to see get a fresh start in a new company. He had all the talent in the world, and from what I’ve read tonight, had just as much love to give.

I remember at WWE Axxess during Wrestlemania 30 weekend. I just finished up meeting Seth Rollins, and had to almost run to another line which had Bray, Luke & Rowan in it. It filled so quickly and we only had one session, so our time at Axxess was up. Seeing everyone come down after meeting those guys with smiles on their faces, excited as hell to meet them made my day.

This is a tough one.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Was it known that he was sick?

What a complete shock. This is the most shocking wrestling death in a while.

I first saw him at a Dragon Gate USA show in Toronto. I think he did a run in against 2 cruiserweight sized guys. I had an aisle seat in the entrance way and some guy on the adjacent aisle was taunting Brodie Lee. Bodie stepped up to him and the fan sat down. 3 guys from the show who I had never heard of before ended up in WWE within a few years and then eventually AEW - Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, and Neville.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Was it known that he was sick?

What a complete shock. This is the most shocking wrestling death in a while.

I first saw him at a Dragon Gate USA show in Toronto. I think he did a run in against 2 cruiserweight sized guys. I had an aisle seat in the entrance way and some guy on the adjacent aisle was taunting Brodie Lee. Bodie stepped up to him and the fan sat down. 3 guys from the show who I had never heard of before ended up in WWE within a few years and then eventually AEW - Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, and Neville.
Someone mentioned, and take this with a grain of salt, that AEW had an idea of the issue and wanted to give him a run.

Not sure how true that is...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Someone mentioned, and take this with a grain of salt, that AEW had an idea of the issue and wanted to give him a run.

Not sure how true that is...
Kinda hate to speculate but in theory it would make sense. If he was diagnosed with something terminal, him beating Cody did kinda come out of nowhere...and then he only held it for like 6 weeks in what looked like a dominate run. Still kinda stunned this actually happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad