Confirmed with Link: Jon Cooper Signs 3-Year Extension

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Nice we won't have to worry about that again for a while. Hope he got a nice raise, he's earned it!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
DKR7Ihp.gif

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Great news: we have an amazing group of people, from the owner to the last player on the ice.
I'm happy they're trying to keep this family together :)

Btw, tomorrow night is the night. Can't wait to watch the game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop on his extension:
"To be honest, in this organization (contract talks) never really become an issue. It's kinda like that family atmosphere, and lots of open lines of communication before anything happens. This was talked about probably 4 days after we hoisted the cup, and so we got into the itty-gritty part when we started to come to training camp. But for me the whole thing was to make sure, it wasn't about my contract, but making sure the whole staff, and we're all in this together. So I didn't want any of this to be announced and be done until everyone was looked after, and it looks like that's happened. I'm just excited to be apart of this organization for a few more years and just continue to build on the standard we've set. It's the greatest place to work. I think enough's been said about Jeff Vinik and how fabulous he is, and the relationship Julien and I have had for a number of years now. Tampa's my home. So it's great to be back."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: