Jokiharju, the future Norris trophy winner just entered the league

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Dunno, giving 19 year old offensive Dman top pairing minutes is quite generous. He seems to be deserving it, though.
He absolutely deserves it. But he still, he needs to be on the PP. Hawks had a 4minute PP and the best opportunity during that time came from a leafs player short handed.

Keith has a terrible shot. Seabrook is too slow (if he fumbles the puck at the point, look out), Gustafsson has a mental fart every few minutes. And every Hawks defensemen had either one shot on goal or none tonight. Except Jokiharju, who had a whopping 5. Kid deserves to play on the PP over any other defensmen we have and hopefully Q doesn't take as long to do that as he did putting DeBrincat on the PP last year.

Reactions: jls24

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He absolutely deserves it. But he still, he needs to be on the PP. Hawks had a 4minute PP and the best opportunity came from a leafs player short handed.

Keith has a terrible shot. Seabrook is too slow (if he fumbles the puck at the point, look out), Gustafsson has a mental fart every few minutes. And every Hawks defensemen had either one shot on goal or none tonight. Except Jokiharju, who had a whopping 5. Kid deserves to play on the PP over any other defensmen we have and hopefully Q doesn't take as long to do that as he did putting DeBrincat on the PP last year.
i mean why not at some point, im sure the joker will get pp1 mins sooner rather then later. (yes i just made that nick name up for him and your welcome)

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
tumblr_pg9dtfSxn91w8vvh3o1_1280.png

NHL.com doesn't even have a photo for him on the leaderboards section yet. I refreshed the page three times and every other guys pictures would load but his. They weren't prepared for King Henri!
King? Finland dosnt have a royal family FYI

Reactions: SoupNazi

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Hawks need it glad they have an up and comer

Remember when people called ristolainen Norristolainen. Those were a good two weeks.

In all seriousness he is under appreciated he plays against all the tough matchups and still holds his own somewhat. Top five in PP points the last five years. But it’s fun to laugh about him winning the Norris.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
OP just set themselves up to be trolled if/when he goes through a rough patch and some people gleefully bump up this thread to bath in the schadenfreude.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jokiharju = Karlsson
Heiskanen = Niedermayer

Depends on who you ask. Heiskanen's game is extremely similar to Karlsson's as well. When he plays it looks like Karlsson out there with a 4 on his jersey. From the skating to the puck moving to the poise to the vision. I see Heiskanen compared to Niedermayer a lot though so

Last edited:

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011
Still, they do have some weird names tho. Kapennen, Lekhonnen, Tuevo, Filpulla etc .

I mean, they would be less weird if you could get at least one of them spelled right, Kapanen, Lehkonen, Teuvo (Teräväinen), Filppula
the -nen is like the Swedish -sson (American -son), so your Kapanen etc are as weird as Anderson, Johnson etc..

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
I mean, they would be less weird if you could get at least one of them spelled right, Kapanen, Lehkonen, Teuvo (Teräväinen), Filppula
the -nen is like the Swedish -sson (American -son), so your Kapanen etc are as weird as Anderson, Johnson etc..

I'm Finnish.. Just trying to poke fun at how hard it seems to be for some to get these right.. I mean people can spell "Gostisbehere" but somehow "Kapanen" is just too much.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
With this still minuscule sample things direct rather decently for him. On pace of...

137 points (0+137=137, 109 1st assists and 28 2nd assists)
+137 in +/-.
Median time (as well as average time) of a point scored being at later half of a 3rd period to either Toews' or Kane's EV-goal.

...over full 82GP season.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Depends on who you ask. Heiskanen's game is extremely similar to Karlsson's as well. When he plays it looks like Karlsson out there with a 4 on his jersey. From the skating to the puck moving to the poise to the vision. I see Heiskanen compared to Niedermayer a lot though so
I've seen you say this a lot, but I do not agree at all. I've watched Miro a lot over the last year and I do not see the Karlsson comparisons at all.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Excited about this kid for sure. Nice to see my country producing talented dmen lately.

NHL.com doesn't even have a photo for him on the leaderboards section yet. I refreshed the page three times and every other guys pictures would load but his. They weren't prepared for King Henri!

They don’t have a pic for Svechnikov, either, and he’s a high profile prospect. Nhl.com is sad.

It takes some time for the new pictures to show up, usually takes a couple weeks IIRC. For example Tavares still has his NYI picture, Kovalchuk has his old picture from Atlanta :laugh: And players who have stuck with the same team have their last years photos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad