Jokiharju, the future Norris trophy winner just entered the league

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sarcastic title aside, the 19yo drafted 29th overall just over a year ago has 5pts in his first 3 games. Or more accurately

He's also been our 2nd best defensemen the past two games. And there's an argument to be had about him playing better than his partner and only other great current Hawks defensemen Duncan Keith (everyone else either sucks or is injured).

Reactions: Mav3rick07

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_pg9dtfSxn91w8vvh3o1_1280.png

NHL.com doesn't even have a photo for him on the leaderboards section yet. I refreshed the page three times and every other guys pictures would load but his. They weren't prepared for King Henri!

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I just dropped McNabb for him in my fantasy pool. It’s a hitting league but I see the kid has 7 hits in three games and 5 helpers.

I hope he’s a stud !! Thanks for the thread otherwise I wouldn’t have noticed him having missed the game .

Reactions: CallMeShaft

migi

Feb 25, 2015
He is so solid defensively and will get flashier eventually too. He looks like a 26-year-old veteran out there.

Excellent prospect and has a lot potential. Future #1D.

Reactions: COHawk

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Will Butcher had the Norris and the Calder locked up at this time last season if I recall correctly. ;)
A 19yo getting comparisons to Will Butcher last year? I'll take it. Jokiharju is better defensively, but can't complain with a Butcher comparison when Butcher's putting up points like a top pairing defensemen. :thumbu:

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really impressive stuff. When will he get top PP time though? I don't see why he isn't getting used there honestly he is obviously an asset offensively

Reactions: jls24 and LAINEC

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Too bad his name is so wierd and he plays for the Hawks cause man o man hes a beauty, wish we had a young d stud like that. Hawks fans gotta be happy with him

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Too bad his name is so wierd and he plays for the Hawks cause man o man hes a beauty, wish we had a young d stud like that. Hawks fans gotta be happy with him
Oh we are. We're happy with 5pts out of a possible 6, but most of us are prepared for this season to take a dark turn and are basically just excited about being able to watch Jokiharju mature and develop this season. Kinda like how after 2017 ended, we kinda all just kept watching simply to see how good DeBrincat and Schmaltz were.

Reactions: Aestivalis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->