Jokerit 2019 - 2020: The Jari Kurri era

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, that signing backfired to say the least. Now they need to play him because they are stuck with him on the roster but even as a backup he is only good for half-a-game.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
I know. I am saying that this season he is playing on a new level
I wouldn't say that. He has been very good in past couple seasons as well. It's a bit mystifying to many Jokerit fans that he still plays with us.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I guess Grant will be out at least 3-4 weeks with a concussion (i really hope he’s okay). Hopefully Eronen is fine, it would be quite brutal to play the rest of the regular season with three ordinary D-men injured

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
The biggest joke here is that Makeyev didn't get suspended for his flying elbow straight to Eronen's head. He got 2 games for the sweep against Moses.

4 for Artjuhin is also a big joke 6-8 would have been reasonable enough...

There is this conspiracy theory going on about Vityaz and ska. Ska seems to do anything it want's with Vityaz's roster, they have the former coach from ska's farm and now they intentionally hurt Jokerit players just before a very important game against guess who...

Reactions: TommySalo and Exarz

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
The biggest joke here is that Makeyev didn't get suspended for his flying elbow straight to Eronen's head. He got 2 games for the sweep against Moses.

4 for Artjuhin is also a big joke 6-8 would have been reasonable enough...

There is this conspiracy theory going on about Vityaz and ska. Ska seems to do anything it want's with Vityaz's roster, they have the former coach from ska's farm and now they intentionally hurt Jokerit players just before a very important game against guess who...
The biggest joke is that Artyukhin actually received a 2 game ban :laugh: The other two games were given for his repeated game misconduct in one season :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean the connection between SKA and other KHL clubs such as Vityaz or Sochi is obvious but I doubt they would go as far as hurting someone just because SKA told them to. Upcoming game really isn't that important, it's 2 points in the standings.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Who has Jokerit managed to absolutely smash it this year, what's different about the team?

Mikko Lehtonen. Savinainen has been a great addition too and Regin looks like a top-6 player again.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Jokerit will finish 3rd in the conference for the 3rd time in 6 years so their "smashing it" is very much in line with all their previous smashing.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Jokerit will finish 3rd in the conference for the 3rd time in 6 years so their "smashing it" is very much in line with all their previous smashing.

Yeah but they look better than previous seasons, it's their strongest squad since the inaugural KHL season. Apart from goaltending, of course, which will be their downfall as Kalnins was shaky a year ago and Niemi is mostly terrible. With good goaltending they could have a chance against the big two.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's not out of the question, Ak Bars didn't have the strongest squad on paper either in 2018 but they managed... Having said that, with Kalnins in goal that's a very tall task...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->