Jokerit 2018-2019 - I Am, We Are!

BklynTerp

Nov 26, 2017
Hey guys, just came across this thread and figured I'd drop in.

Flying from NYC to Helsinki tomorrow and was thinking of heading to Hartwell on Friday night for the game. Anything I should know? Might buy tickets in 109, that is in front of the away bench right?

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004

Flying from NYC to Helsinki tomorrow and was thinking of heading to Hartwell on Friday night for the game. Anything I should know? Might buy tickets in 109, that is in front of the away bench right?

Away bench is in front of 108.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You are now talking about this interview for second time. Can you give us a link to that interview, so we can judge for ourselfs, what was said and how.

«Как обыграть СКА и ЦСКА?». Почему финны гнобят «Йокерит» и критикуют КХЛ

I suggest using Russian->English on the google translate, might be more readable. And yes, Pekka Jalonen comes off as bad as expected after the twitter exchange with Huttunen.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki

So how was it? What did you like and what did you not? Would be very nice to hear something about your trip to Helsinki! Thanks! :)

BklynTerp

Nov 26, 2017
We absolutely loved Helsinki, such a nice city and easy to see why it always ranks so high on those “most liveable cities in the world” lists. We stayed in the design district at Hotel Indigo, which was a great area. Suomenlinna was a very, very cool place to spend a day wandering. For food/drinks we had great experiences at Holiday Bar, Trillby and Chadwick, Why Join the Navy when you can be a Pirate, Cafe Success, and a couple stops at the Old Market Hall. We walked down along the water before heading to West Harbour to take the ferry to Tallinn and were able to enjoy a beautiful morning at Loyly.

As for the game, Hartwall is a really nice arena, and a great crowd. Super easy to get to also. Biggest complaint, not being able to take beer into the seats. I didn’t realize that wasn’t allowed here and bought a beer and cider for my girlfriend minutes before puck drop so I had to chug them both very quickly. But I guess if thats the worst part of my time in Helsinki that’s a good sign.

Thought the game was a bit rough for Jokerit. Weren’t a ton of high quality chances in either direction and it took a bit to get used to playing styles on the bigger ice as I don’t watch much international hockey. I sat right behind the bench/tunnel so that was a cool experience. Just wish I could have seen at least one Jokerit goal while we were there.

Good luck the rest of the season, I hope to be back sometime!

Reactions: Exarz and vorky

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Hey guys. I am studying in Tallinn until January, and I am looking to catch a hockey game in Helsinki while I am here. What game would you suggest I see? Jokerit, or HIFK? I have circled the Oct. 11 game (TPS vs HIFK) strictly for this Kaapo Kakko kid.. But if there is a more exciting rivalry coming to town to face Jokerit with more exciting players I'd be very thankful for a suggestion. Thank you!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Hey guys. I am studying in Tallinn until January, and I am looking to catch a hockey game in Helsinki while I am here. What game would you suggest I see? Jokerit, or HIFK? I have circled the Oct. 11 game (TPS vs HIFK) strictly for this Kaapo Kakko kid.. But if there is a more exciting rivalry coming to town to face Jokerit with more exciting players I'd be very thankful for a suggestion. Thank you!
I would go to a game vs SKA (Oct 6), Avangard (Nov 21), SY Ufa (Dec 11), CSKA (Dec 20), again SKA (Jan 6) and Ak Bars (Jan 23)

Reactions: keslerburrows

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I would take the liiga game. Better atmosphere in my opinion. And better change to see future NHL players.

Plus it'll be less expensive. The Jokerit games are likely to be have far more expensive tickets against e.g. SKA. TPS is a good draw in Helsinki so there should be at least 7000 attendance (in an arena of 8200) and guaranteed atmosphere.

Ticket prices as of now:

HIFK - TPS

Jokerit - SKA Pietari

Last edited:

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017

If you are in Tallinn until January, you also have the option to go to Jokerit games in Tallinn. They play 26.10.2018 against Spartak Moscow and 28.10.2018 against Sevestral Tsherepovets. I assume that they will play in Tondiraba areena. You can get tickets from piletilevi.ee

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kurri was interviewed by Slovak media. He said: Our fans/public had a negative attitude towards KHL when moving there. Now they have found out the KHL can offer an elite level of hockey. KHL´s Jokerit is perceived positively by public now (in Finland).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kurri was interviewed by Slovak media. He said: Our fans/public had a negative attitude towards KHL when moving there. Now they have found out the KHL can offer an elite level of hockey. KHL´s Jokerit is perceived positively by public now (in Finland).

Not supported by any fact. :laugh: Several medias have done polls in recent years and the results have been the opposite.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Can you post a link to any of these polls? And are the real polls or something else?

Been in print papers. Sometimes there's a poll attached to an article in the biggest papers. Those and readers comments tend to heavily be against Jokerit playing in KHL. For some reason some of the pro-KHL comments are written in poor Finnish... Can you post anything to support Kurri's claim?

Last edited:

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
There has been a bit of bad press. Here is recent cover of the monthly magazine by Helsingin Sanomat:

Attachments

• 93be8ea769242b0e853a3b2124c7bc7f38bdd29cf4d00925964f60688c68e54d.jpg
    93be8ea769242b0e853a3b2124c7bc7f38bdd29cf4d00925964f60688c68e54d.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 10

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There has been a bit of bad press. Here is recent cover of the monthly magazine by Helsingin Sanomat:

That was more or less just reporting facts about ownership and finances, though the hockey community already knew them where as the general public might not have. That was basically it. Most off-ice stuff in other medias has been focused on Harkimo's inability to find a buyer for his shares.

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
That narrative of Harkimo selling his shares is just plain stupid. Jokerit is making a loss of about -€10M/year. Finding a buyer actually paying something for this is ridiculous. There are Liiga teams making more sales than Jokerit and also making profit while doing it.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That narrative of Harkimo selling his shares is just plain stupid. Jokerit is making a loss of about -€10M/year. Finding a buyer actually paying something for this is ridiculous. There are Liiga teams making more sales than Jokerit and also making profit while doing it.

Yeah, it's a very short list, if not non-existent, list of people willing to stick their hand in such a failed business.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wonder how much money did Jokerit transfer to Sochi to start Kochetkov :sarcasm: Really odd move though. As far as I know both Barulin and Shikin are healthy and the former just won goalie of the week. There is some sense in resting your starter before the game against SKA but not when you have to play 19 year-old who is shaky at the VHL level.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I wonder how much money did Jokerit transfer to Sochi to start Kochetkov :sarcasm: Really odd move though. As far as I know both Barulin and Shikin are healthy and the former just won goalie of the week. There is some sense in resting your starter before the game against SKA but not when you have to play 19 year-old who is shaky at the VHL level.
And then people complain young prospects do not get a chance at KHL level ;)

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Laaja selvitys paljastaa SM-liigaseurojen surkean tilan – paikoin surkuhupaisaa huseeraamista

Sports teams are hardly ever a solid investment, and certainly not in European hockey. People buying them have completely different reasons for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad