Jokerit 2018-2019 - I Am, We Are!

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Time for a new thread for the upcoming season.

Jokerit depth chart currently as I see it:

N.Jensen (option) - Regin - Moses
Joensuu - O'Neill - X
Manninen - Norman - X
Pihlström - Niemi - Anttila
Ikonen - Mäki - Jormakka
2-way:
Embrich - Monto - Halme

Lepsitö - Lundin (if ok to play)
Kivistö - X
Jensen - Lauridsen
Lööv - Räsänen (not sure if 2-way)
2-way:
Hatakka - Nurmikanta
Reini

Rämö (option)
Zapolski
2-way:
Ratilainen

Dependig wether Räsänens deal is 2-way or not, Jokerit has 21 or 22 1-way deals for possible 25. So couple of guys still to coming in.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Omsk said they have the import goalie signed already so either Ramo has signed with them already or that door is closed.

Edit: I see they announced it is Ramo this morning. Kinda makes no sense replacing Furch with Ramo but oh well, Russia is gonna Russia.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
A thing that's new for this year is that they've removed the 50% discount on students' season tickets. They're now only available at a lower cost in an upper bowl section and the standing section.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
A thing that's new for this year is that they've removed the 50% discount on students' season tickets. They're now only available at a lower cost in an upper bowl section and the standing section.

Well it's a favor (maybe not intended) to cheering section (Eteläpääty) if they get more young people and students there. The atmosphere is at its best there.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I was at Hartwall Arena on Monday to watch Finland-Iceland Fiba match. Never seen such an enthuastic crowd when jokerit plays...

DS9HOzQWsAEGUxS.jpg

Incredibly sad people

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Roster is looking pretty good after signing Platt:

Jonesuu - Regin - Jensen
Platt - O'Neill - Moses
Manninen - Norman - Jormakka
Ikonen - Mäki - 2-ways

Lepistö - Lundin (if OK)
Kivistö - Grant
Lauridsen - Jensen
Lööv - Räsänen
Other 2-ways

Zapolski
Kalnins
Ratilainen

Still room for 2 1-way deal players. Rumor is that they'll start the season with 24 players in the roster and look for good players during the season if needed. Rumor also says that Jokerit is after Vesalainen. I think Vesalainen would be a 2-way deal since the KHL rules. Osala might also be an iteresting signing.

And oh, Ikonen just made a two year extension to his deal.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's a bit useless to talk about line arrangements in July but for all intents and purposes, 2nd line should be Moses-Norman-O'Neill and 3rd Platt-Manninen-Jormakka. Platt just doesn't belong in the top 6 anymore while Norman I thought did a pretty good job in a more offensive role last season.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
It's a bit useless to talk about line arrangements in July but for all intents and purposes, 2nd line should be Moses-Norman-O'Neill and 3rd Platt-Manninen-Jormakka. Platt just doesn't belong in the top 6 anymore while Norman I thought did a pretty good job in a more offensive role last season.

But it's fun to speculate the lineup!

I agree on waht you say about Norman but I'd like to see three offensively strong centers in the roster. Regin - O'Neill - Norman. I don't think that Manninen will play the center role much if there are no injuries in that department. Even though he played C in the WC.

Most Jokerit fans don't eveb believe that Manninen can make it in the KHL in the first place... We'll see...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Most Jokerit fans don't eveb believe that Manninen can make it in the KHL in the first place... We'll see...
Well he did lead his SHL team in scoring, it's quite a stretch to think he can't make it in the KHL in any role. I guess just shows how little Finns think of the SHL :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Roster is looking pretty good after signing Platt:

Jonesuu - Regin - Jensen
Platt - O'Neill - Moses
Manninen - Norman - Jormakka
Ikonen - Mäki - 2-ways

Lepistö - Lundin (if OK)
Kivistö - Grant
Lauridsen - Jensen
Lööv - Räsänen
Other 2-ways

Zapolski
Kalnins
Ratilainen

Still room for 2 1-way deal players. Rumor is that they'll start the season with 24 players in the roster and look for good players during the season if needed. Rumor also says that Jokerit is after Vesalainen. I think Vesalainen would be a 2-way deal since the KHL rules. Osala might also be an iteresting signing.

And oh, Ikonen just made a two year extension to his deal.

I think Vesalainen and his agent are waiting for the Jets to re-sign everyone they have to first and then see how much room they have in their cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->