Johnstown pre-season game

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Mods, not sure if this should be in another thread or not...

Since my wife is from Johnstown, I thought it would be neat for us to travel out to see the Pens play the Lightning there for the pre-season tilt.

The thing is, I can't find anywhere online to buy the tickets. I tried calling the arena but the # on the site for the cambria war memorial doesn't have an option to talk to a live person. The penguins site lists the game, but the link for tickets takes you to ticketmaster, and ticketmaster is confused and doesn't list anything.

The website for the war memorial arena doesn't even list this game as an upcoming event. They do list events before and after when this game occurs (Sep 29).

Has anyone purchased tickets for this?
thanks...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Mods, not sure if this should be in another thread or not...

Since my wife is from Johnstown, I thought it would be neat for us to travel out to see the Pens play the Lightning there for the pre-season tilt.

The thing is, I can't find anywhere online to buy the tickets. I tried calling the arena but the # on the site for the cambria war memorial doesn't have an option to talk to a live person. The penguins site lists the game, but the link for tickets takes you to ticketmaster, and ticketmaster is confused and doesn't list anything.

The website for the war memorial arena doesn't even list this game as an upcoming event. They do list events before and after when this game occurs (Sep 29).

Has anyone purchased tickets for this?
thanks...

Did you try calling the CEC box office? Even if they can't get tickets for the other venue they should be able to tell you how to do it.

Is this an additional pre-season game or is it taking the place of one of the two usual (non-kids day) home pre-season games? I would love to only have to pay for one this season, I never go and always have to eat the cost of both. I would think that if the game is in Johnstown with much fewer seats they won't be able to force STHs to buy them like they do with pre-season games at CEC.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
They really can't force STH to buy them. That arena only seats a thousand people I think. The penguins have about 14 times that many season tickets. They'll probably do a lottery of some sort.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
There is supposed to be a lottery at some point. After the NHL takes their allotment of tickets for corporate and sponsors, of course. I keep checking the Johnstown Hockeyville fb page but nothing has been updated since they won the contest.

My family is from Johnstown and I still have some family there. My aunt is trying to get some tickets, but she can't even find any info.

I heard that there might be a viewing party for the game, but nothing definitive.

No matter what though, I'll be in Johnstown for this game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad