Johnsson or Kapanen your choice

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I would go with Kapanen because I think it's fair to say he's finally earned a full time spot on the roster with his play and he's been on the main roster a lot longer.

Now if they could still keep Johnsson in the lineup that would be great, however it depends on when Komarov can return. So I guess it's up to Johnsson to give Babcock a reason to not take him out of the lineup.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Komarov needs to be in the lineup. Kappy over Johnsson. Next season they can both play with Jvr and Bozak likely gone

freewilly

Dec 5, 2017
Kapanen.

Johnsson will have to wait his turn. Kappy had to.

it's a ridiculously stupid idea. Just because kasperi had to wait (until replacing an objectively worse player), Johnsson has to wait....to replace an objectively worse player. So dumb.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Both, sorry Leo, but we shouldn't be in the business of gifting a position based on seniority. Our goal is to win and we need to ice the best team possible. Anything less shouldn't be acceptable.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Valk the line

Oct 31, 2017
I think you run with both of them and sit Brown for a while.

I haven't seen him play well in a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zizzzzy

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
shouldn't an effective pest draw more penalties than they take, like Kadri?
not necessarily. as long as they draw stupid penalties, and frustrate the opposition, they'd be doing a good job. there are other factors as to why komarov takes more penalties like bad defensive reads but lets not get into that. he hasn't been mucking it up that much in the regular season so hopefully he can step it up in the playoffs against marchand.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Leo has? love to see that quote. Marleau said he didn't really like playing there, didn't know komo said that
It was maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I think it may have been before Babs as well.
I remember Jonas (I think) saying he asked Leo about it and he said he didn't like it.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I know marleau has said he doesn't want to not sure if Leo has stated that.
End of the day if the coach says we need you there he should do it.
Also, and I'm really stretching my memory here but didn't leave centre a team with ovi on his way to n in the khl during the lockout? Or was that kontiola and leo was the other wing?
Kontiola was a C.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
How about keep both and send Leo over to Robidas Island? How about that? So sick of young guys being sat in place of old over the hill veterans. It ****ing nauseates me seeing Koma in the lineup.
You still need veterans on the team. Not to mention they keep bringing more young guys up each year. You want to be the oilers and have a team full of rookies?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Gonna need Leo's jam in the playoffs. Need someone grinding and agitating, killing penalties, and experience.

Komarov probably won't be back next year, and Johnsson will have an opportunity to solidify a spot then. He'll be battling with Grundstrom, however.

The competition for spots on the wing is going to be the story of camp next year.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Leo over Plecs...come on, get serious, we're talking about C here.

Johnsson, Pleks, Kapanen with Leo sitting on the bench. I'd consider Leivo vs Johnsson, but Leo vs Plecs at C, silly.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If I had to choose, Kapanen but Johnsson has shown that if/when Leo walks in July it’s not going to be a devastating loss (still like Leo though)

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Thanks for clearing that up for me which gives your argument more weight
In regard to my argument, consider this; Last season we had a revolving door at 4C and eventually used a 2nd to get Boyle.
This season Babs showed he really didn't trust Moore to be the 4C. Eventually, we spend a 2nd on Plek.

If Leo were a C, wouldn't he have been the 4C since last season and we didn't have to deal 2, 2nds to fix that problem?

Leo is not a C.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This is also a valid idea. Both Kapanen and johnsson are playing better than brown ATM and I think both have higher a cieling too

The Bozak line is working right now so benching Brown seems counterproductive

I like Komarov but if he's not good enough to justify sitting Johnsson or Kapanen he should sit in the PB, this is pro sports it should be a meritocracy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad