Johnsson or Kapanen your choice

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Both over Komarov but since that's probably not an option, Johnsson to the Marlies for now, or maybe stays with the Leafs for some practice time before going down to help the Marlies in their cup run.

Johnsson is 100% a permanent player next season though.

Dude, this should definitely be your avy!! Make it happen lol

sdo-SuperDave.jpg

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I expect both to have a solid role on this team next season and beyond, but I'd opt for keeping Kapanen over Johnsson at the moment since Kapanen (and Komarov) brings more NHL and NHL playoff experience, and I also prefer Komarov at LW over RW.

No slight on Johnsson whatsoever, we're just currently full on the wing. It's a good feeling to have good options.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Ideally, they sit Leo Komarov and play both Andreas Johnsson and Kasperi Kapanen.

Komarov is gone on July 1st.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think he would've already.

I do know he has said he doesn't like playing there.
I know marleau has said he doesn't want to not sure if Leo has stated that.
End of the day if the coach says we need you there he should do it.
Also, and I'm really stretching my memory here but didn't leave centre a team with ovi on his way to n in the khl during the lockout? Or was that kontiola and leo was the other wing?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
leo as a winger got a lot of hate here (alot of it warranted) him as a center would be a disaster imo

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
leo as a winger got a lot of hate here (alot of it warranted) him as a center would be a disaster imo

leo as a 4th line winger got no hate, I don't think him as 4C would. people were sick of him holding back Kadri line offensively

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Personally I’d keep both, and sit Leo. Our 4th line is excellent 5v5 with Johnsson/Pleks/Kap, they can really control the play even as a 4th line. Replace either winger with Leo and the line will go back to getting regularly dominated.

With that being said, I don’t expect it to happen. Leo is everything Babs loves in a player. And, to be fair, he’s a great penalty killer and brings a lot of physicality to an otherwise not very physical team. I expect Leo to play, Johnsson to sit, even though I do think we’re a better team playing a “Vegas style, 4 fast/skilled lines” style.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Personally I’d keep both, and sit Leo. Our 4th line is excellent 5v5 with Johnsson/Pleks/Kap, they can really control the play even as a 4th line. Replace either winger with Leo and the line will go back to getting regularly dominated.

With that being said, I don’t expect it to happen. Leo is everything Babs loves in a player. And, to be fair, he’s a great penalty killer and brings a lot of physicality to an otherwise not very physical team. I expect Leo to play, Johnsson to sit, even though I do think we’re a better team playing a “Vegas style, 4 fast/skilled lines” style.

babs loves him so much im worried they are gong to resign him, even if cheap id rather move on at this point

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
leo as a 4th line winger got no hate, I don't think him as 4C would. people were sick of him holding back Kadri line offensively
ye i should have elaborated..i just figured people would get what i meant. hes fine as a 4th line winger..putting him at center is effectively the same thing as moving him back up in the lineup. its asking him to do something he isnt capable of..thats when we get bad leo. leave him out of the lineup or insert back to his 4th line winger slot but please dont make him a center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad