Johnsson or Kapanen your choice

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
If one of them gotta go for a Dman then he’s gotta go.

They’re both legit though.

Johnsson will be a solid sniper and Kaps is an offensive player that can play multiple roles

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Kapanen because he's younger with similar upside. Although, I like both of them and when JVR/Komo leaves they will fill their roles well.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
If one of them gotta go for a Dman then he’s gotta go.

They’re both legit though.

Johnsson will be a solid sniper and Kaps is an offensive player that can play multiple roles
I see 0 reason to trade either. They should definitely be ahead of JVR & Komarov & Marleau & Brown on who the Leafs should keep.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Cheap and highly skilled. Exactly what we need to surround the big 3

And exactly why we shouldn’t trade firsts and second round picks. In 3 or 4 times when this years 1st is nicely seasoned in the ahl Kapanen or Johnsson May be pricing themselves out of Toronto. Keep the conveyer belt moving around the core to keep the team caphit lower

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i like johnsson, he looks like a lines 3-4 winger in the nhl and thats good, but i like kapanen a lot, he has high defensive potential to go with more than enough offensive skills to play 1-2 line winger, hes 2 years behind johnsson in development too

Willy the Swede

Apr 16, 2018
Kapanen is probably the better choice. I would like to keep them both as they're young and have speed, as well as the work ethic. Personally I'd like to replace some of the older and slower players who aren't performing as good as they should (Komarov...), but if I had to chose one it would be Kapanen.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
When Leo returns who of these 2 would you rather we keep up?
I would choose johnsson just because he's completely home grown and I've been routing for a while.
I do think Kapanen has a higher cieling so I'm basically just being selfish.
What's your choice and reason?

Keep them both & send Leo to the Russian front.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Then he would have dual citizenship ! :laugh:
ye but he might be scared and confused there, finland is fine haha. as the great movie happy gilmore once said "Why don’t you send him home? His bags are packed. He has his plane ticket. Bring him to the airport. Send him home. Send him home."

Reactions: Dzonna

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I heard briefly on the radio someone saying Kapanen isn't a finisher and that why he hasn't converted on the breakaways.
He's the guy that will find the space and be where he needs to be to score and that's his game.
I would Johnsson has a better shot and KK is faster so would it be fair to say Johnsson could end up as a sniper and KK a net dirty area goal scorer?
Any thoughts on that?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Johnsson is the new Leivo, massively overrated based on a tiny sample size. Naturally he should go ahead of established players because he will be a star like Leivo...

Oh right, we don't talk about Leivo any more.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Johnsson is the new Leivo, massively overrated based on a tiny sample size. Naturally he should go ahead of established players because he will be a star like Leivo...

Oh right, we don't talk about Leivo any more.
Johnsson can skate and keep up with the team speed. Leivo cannot

Oh also Johnsson pk's
Leivo....

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I see 0 reason to trade either. They should definitely be ahead of JVR & Komarov & Marleau & Brown on who the Leafs should keep.

I agree that they should be ahead of JvR, Koma and Brown on the depth chart but there is a reason to trade 1 of them and that is the Leafs’ need for D. Gotta give to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->