Johnsson or Kapanen your choice

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
When Leo returns who of these 2 would you rather we keep up?
I would choose johnsson just because he's completely home grown and I've been routing for a while.
I do think Kapanen has a higher cieling so I'm basically just being selfish.
What's your choice and reason?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
kapanen but i want leo gone. i hope that game where he got injured was his last as a leaf.

Reactions: Moonman

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
How about keep both and send Leo over to Robidas Island? How about that? So sick of young guys being sat in place of old over the hill veterans. It ****ing nauseates me seeing Koma in the lineup.
It is kinda of a right of passage and Martin did take a seat to Kapanen so who knows?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
It is kinda of a right of passage and Martin did take a seat to Kapanen so who knows?
This is the NHL, a play to win league, not appease old players that had good years for you years ago, Komarov or Plekanec should be the one sitting for sure

But Babs and his real gud pro meter will probably decide differently

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I agree but johnsson also looks like he's earned a spot

yeah so did kapanen last year after his late season and playoff form, still started in the A. Kapanen earned his spot he deserves to keep his spot. Especially if babcock wants to keep up the charade of this meritocracy he has tried to preach

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
This is the NHL, a play to win league, not appease old players that had good years for you years ago, Komarov or Plekanec should be the one sitting for sure

But Babs and his real gud pro meter will probably decide differently
While I agree it's not like leo hurts the team. Also I don't mind the culture of teaching the kids it's a privilege to play so work hard and keep working hard

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
yeah so did kapanen last year after his late season and playoff form, still started in the A. Kapanen earned his spot he deserves to keep his spot. Especially if babcock wants to keep up the charade of this meritocracy he has tried to preach
I agree with all this that's why I said I was being selfish.
I want to see more of AJ and don't want to wait until next season. Nothing else.
In a perfect world plec and leo rotate

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
sophies choice maple leafs addition. that being said kapenen without question. his speed is gamebreaking and i think his special teams contribution will be greater

Reactions: saltming

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I agree with all this that's why I said I was being selfish.
I want to see more of AJ and don't want to wait until next season. Nothing else.
In a perfect world plec and leo rotate

yes please im in for that. Plek can sit the rest of the season and playoffs for all I care, if komarov HAS to play then Johnsson-Komo-Kap is a sick 4th line

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
sophies choice maple leafs addition. that being said kapenen without question. his speed is gamebreaking and i think his special teams contribution will be greater
AJ kills penalties too just not at this level yet

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Komarov is the perfect playoff player, Johnsonn and kapanen should be NHL regulars. Komarov has the grit, physical, defensive and veteran experience that championship teams need in the playoffs so I would say Komarov over Johnson even though johnsonn is more skilled and should be in too. Maybe alternate between johnson and kapanen but komarov has to be in.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
yes please im in for that. Plek can sit the rest of the season and playoffs for all I care, if komarov HAS to play then Johnsson-Komo-Kap is a sick 4th line
I honestly think the one would be even better with Leo instead of plec

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'd put Leo in as 4th line C and send Pleks to the pressbox.

If it has to be one of the two in the op I would keep Kappanen.

Next year I expect both to have a roster spot on opening night.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Komarov is the perfect playoff player, Johnsonn and kapanen should be NHL regulars. Komarov has the grit, physical, defensive and veteran experience that championship teams need in the playoffs so I would say Komarov over Johnson even though johnsonn is more skilled and should be in too. Maybe alternate between johnson and kapanen but komarov has to be in.
Agreed Leo has to play especially for the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->