Proposal: Johnsson & 2nd for NYR DeAngelo

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Leafs
Add DeAngelo a right hand shot D with potential. People have questioned his attitude & work ethic-(nobody questions his skill set)-maybe the Leafs coaching staff can take him on as a project.

Johnsson- good skill has proved himself in the AHL - now needs ice time to prove his worth. NYR can give him the ice time he needs to show what he can do.

2nd rd pick another asset for the rebuilding Rangers...

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Leafs
Add DeAngelo a right hand shot D with potential. People have questioned his attitude & work ethic-(nobody questions his skill set)-maybe the Leafs coaching staff can take him on as a project.

Johnsson- good skill has proved himself in the AHL - now needs ice time to prove his worth. NYR can give him the ice time he needs to show what he can do.

Absolutely no from the Rangers.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If I was given a choice of adding either of these packages to my team I'd take johnsson + 2nd.

Canucks Fan.

If you had consistently watched ADA last season and this year so far, I think your opinion would differ. Johnsson doesn't help the Rangers. A late 2nd is meh. ADA has already shown he's the most creative dmen on our team. And he hasn't had "issues" with his work ethic or attitude.

His value to the Rangers is greater than the proposal.

-Rangers fan.

Reactions: bernmeister

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Is DeAngelo still a headcase who doesn't know how to play D?
Not as a Ranger. His D is what you'd expect from a young, inexperienced offensive dmen. His creativity and passing is ridiculous though. He creates plays out of nothing. Tape to Tape 100+ foot passes. He's pretty tenacious too. Will throw his body and gets physically engaged.

The only thing this kid really needs is ice time to finish developing. He's still just a 22 year old kid.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If you had consistently watched ADA last season and this year so far, I think your opinion would differ. Johnsson doesn't help the Rangers. A late 2nd is meh. ADA has already shown he's the most creative dmen on our team. And he hasn't had "issues" with his work ethic or attitude.

-Rangers fan.
Now you’re just being a homer. He has had issues with his attitude

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017

-Rangers fan.

Is being the most creative d-man on the Rangers really an accomplishment?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Is being the most creative d-man on the Rangers really an accomplishment?

Yes, when you consider Skjei has talent offensively, and Shattenkirk is an offensive Dmen. Don’t forget Pionk who put up 14p in 31gp his rookie season last year.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I think Toronto will take a pass on acquiring the attitude problems. No need to trade out a useful player like Johnsson for someone who according to all reports has the hallmarks of a future locker-room cancer.

Reactions: Iceman

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Absolutely no from the Rangers.
Yeah no way Rangers do this with the way Deangelo has looked this season. I know everyone that hasn't followed the Rangers has soured on him but he's been a stud

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Is DeAngelo still a headcase who doesn't know how to play D?
His defense has really come along. I wouldn't call it near good but he isn't a liability now. It's inconsistent, but promising that he's making an effort to round out his game

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Leafs

Toronto's 2nd rounder will likely be very late and I don't think Rangers need Johnsson. Close though.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
I love Andreas Johnsson, but with the Leafs' wing depth, I'd consider it. ADA may be bonkers, but sometimes you go for the home run, talent-wise. To me though, it depends on how much of "attitude problems" is "mouths off to coaches" and how much is "lazy." I won't name names because I don't wanna start a fight, but there are plenty of a-holes in the NHL. The last guy who had a long career who I genuinely thought didn't give a shit was Alex Kovalev (tho, I understand the argument that we were too hard on Euros and Russians back then and maybe he was misunderstood).

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Not as a Ranger. His D is what you'd expect from a young, inexperienced offensive dmen. His creativity and passing is ridiculous though. He creates plays out of nothing. Tape to Tape 100+ foot passes. He's pretty tenacious too. Will throw his body and gets physically engaged.

The only thing this kid really needs is ice time to finish developing. He's still just a 22 year old kid.

Sounds like exactly the kind of kid the Leafs should move their AHL playoff MVP + for.. Another bottom pairing level D who can't play defense but can put up points but won't because the top offensive minutes already go to the other two 50 point D on the roster.

We had many guys like that already, most recently Carrick. Babs won't play him. He'll sit in the press box. No deal to be made here but I knew that before I even clicked the thread when I seen the OP.

Reactions: Mork

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The leafs need more of a solid two way defender, not another puck moving type, I don't see them making a deal like this especially when they just moved Carrick to Dallas.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada

Why is he a minus 150'ish throughout his career? (OHL + AHL + NHL).

He's been a minus player on like 7 different teams?

(I'm actually just asking because I don't know)

And why did he switch from Anthony to Tony as an adult?

Did he join the NJ mob?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why is he a minus 150'ish throughout his career? (OHL + AHL + NHL).

He's been a minus player on like 7 different teams?

(I'm actually just asking because I don't know)

And why did he switch from Anthony to Tony as an adult?

Did he join the NJ mob?

Wait... Are you using plus minus to judge someone...and going all the way back to juniors to do it?

Yikes.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad