Proposal: johnson+miller for bennett+jankowski

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
id do it as tampa would calgary do it? id be willing to add a mid round draft pick or meh prospect as well

tampa gets cheaper and younger, calgary gets a RHS scorer and guys who may be better scoring depth for them

edit: id probably be willing to add a 2nd rounder actually if im tampa

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Would Tampa be interested in Brodie?

It would be backwards for the Flames to trade one of the only guys who seemed to give damn this playoffs in Sam Bennett.

Reactions: Boomstick

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Wasn’t we interested in Bennett ages ago, isn’t bad we need help on D though with potentially 3 D going this summer.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’d do it in a heartbeat. We’d probably have to dump Frolik (he has value), stone (3rd rounder to get rid of him), and Neal (I don’t want to know how we do this), but this would add a lot to our team. I’m shocked this is being proposed by a lightning fan. I still like what Johnson is capable of, and he could be an effective #2C behind Monahan.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Gaudreau Monahan Lindholm
Tkachuk Johnson Miller

Can Miller play RW? I guess Backlund moves to the third line. Calgary has to shed some salary to make this work I would think.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I really don't want to give up Bennett. It's a decent offer though.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
It’s more than fair but the Flames are too soft, as it is and our cap situation isn’t great, once Tkachuk is extended. I’m not sure how we’d swing almost an extra $8 million on top of the Tkachuk deal.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
id do it as tampa would calgary do it? id be willing to add a mid round draft pick or meh prospect as well

tampa gets cheaper and younger, calgary gets a RHS scorer and guys who may be better scoring depth for them

edit: id probably be willing to add a 2nd rounder actually if im tampa

So you want to downgrade in talent and also be willing to add a 2nd, good God.

I like both Bennett and Jankowski and wouldn't mind either but the value isn't there for us at all. We get capspace but lesser players. I would target Jankowski alone more than Bennett too. Put him at 3C and move Cirelli up to 2C and put Stamkos on the wing. Not sure what the ask for him alone would be. I would trade Johnson + 4th for Jankowski + 2020 2nd.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not sure what Calgary's cap situation is but if they have the space they certainly get the better end of the deal.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Sunny, tax free Florida or cold (but beautiful), heavy taxed Alberta?
What do you say tyler Johnson?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Sunny, tax free Florida or cold (but beautiful), heavy taxed Alberta?
What do you say tyler Johnson?
Living across the country from your family vs living a 1 hour flight away from your family ? I don't know how much interest Tyler Johnson has in playing in Calgary but I do know that he is still very tied to Spokane and his family and friends here.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Living across the country from your family vs living a 1 hour flight away from your family ? I don't know how much interest Tyler Johnson has in playing in Calgary but I do know that he is still very tied to Spokane and his family and friends here.

Besides Calgary's weather isn't that bad (And besides NHLers typically dont even spend most of the season in their home city), Alberta's taxes are fine relative to most of the NHL, etc.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A 1 hour flight really doesn't matter, as you don't have the downtime to do that during the regular season. Especially when you factor in that it's probably a once a day flight from Calgary (if you can even get direct flights) and it is an international flight. Now, a private jet can minimize the time spent waiting for flights, clearing customs and the need for a direct flight. But, I don't think being closer to Spokane is much of a selling point when it is still quite inaccessible during the season due to time parameters.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So you want to downgrade in talent and also be willing to add a 2nd, good God.

I like both Bennett and Jankowski and wouldn't mind either but the value isn't there for us at all. We get capspace but lesser players. I would target Jankowski alone more than Bennett too. Put him at 3C and move Cirelli up to 2C and put Stamkos on the wing. Not sure what the ask for him alone would be. I would trade Johnson + 4th for Jankowski + 2020 2nd.
I’d pass on this trade this makes us a worse hockey club on this johnson for jankowski and giving them miller also for Bennett. I’d do palat for jankowski and a 4th

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't hate this. I'm hesitant because we take a big step back offensively, but this gives us more cap flexibility moving forward and changes our identity a bit. All the risk is on our end.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Stamkos - Cirelli - Bennett
Killorn - Jankowski - Gourde
Erne - Paquette - Joseph

Last edited:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Tampa needs to shed salary, but they are also looking to compete next season. Johnson and Miller are both better then Bennett and Jankowski. It's like 2 x 2nd liners for 2 x 3rd liners. Tampa would be better off paying someone to take on Callahan's deal as a short term solution. They will then have to deal with the expansion draft the following year, they should find a way to come to an agreement with Seattle for them to take one of their good but expensive forward.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don't hate this. I'm hesitant because we take a big step back offensively, but this gives us more cap flexibility moving forward and changes our identity a bit. All the risk is on our end.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Stamkos - Cirelli - Bennett
Killorn - Jankowski - Gourde
Erne - Paquette - Joseph
gourde point kucherov
killorn cirelli stamkos
bennett jankowski joseph
erne paquette stephens
palat traded for a dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad