Signing(s): Johnny Manziel signs with Hamilton (CFL)...then traded to MTL...now released

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Cris Carter doesn't know a thing. His son is the best WR in the CFL and he wouldn't make a practice squad in the NFL.

His son being the best WR in the CFL is extremely debatable. He might not be the best on his own team.

But he wasn't comparing the CFL to the NFL anyway. This is what CFL fans get sick of. Why is there such a constant unprovoked need to drag the CFL through the mud? We know it's not as good as the NFL in terms of player ability. The need for NFL fans to point this out at every opportunity is not necessary, but it certainly is tiresome.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
His son being the best WR in the CFL is extremely debatable. He might not be the best on his own team.

But he wasn't comparing the CFL to the NFL anyway. This is what CFL fans get sick of. Why is there such a constant unprovoked need to drag the CFL through the mud? We know it's not as good as the NFL in terms of player ability. The need for NFL fans to point this out at every opportunity is not necessary, but it certainly is tiresome.
I agree with this. People really out here saying college kids can beat fully grown men?

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Update: Johnny Manziel still hasn't played one down in the regular season, and was just traded to Montreal.

The next Doug Flutie, indeed.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

EDIT: Doing some quick research Montreal has allowed the most sacks by ALOT 17. Next closest is 12. Dead last in rushing yards and rushing TDs. This seems more like a desperate cry for OL.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I keep hearing the phrase "If healthy" with Chris Williams. I'll be honest, the more I look at the stats, story, and info of the trade the more I like it for Montreal.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

On top of all that, Hamilton has a solid Defense which should have no problems containing Manziel. The one thing going for him however is that he practiced against this Defense for weeks and might have some inside knowledge on what to do and when.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
  • Montreal was smart to trade for Johnny Football

Were they? I'm wondering if he'll last out the year in the CFL before being sniped after tonight's performance.

DVR set. Thanks!

If your a Manziel fan maybe you don't want to watch.

This whole thing reminds me of Akili Smith, they hype of a star US college player who was a high draft pick coming up the CFL. Manziel has actually beat Smith's record for most INT's in their first start tonight.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The poor guy is probably going to get injured before the season is over. It seemed like there was a Ti-Cat within two feet of him on every play tonight.

Reactions: varsaku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->