Johnny Gaudreau

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree, he's my favourite prospect we have. I personally think this kid will overcome the odds and be a special player, especially playing with someone like Monahan who is tailored for his game. He is so clutch, so smart, and his vision is elite. I can't wait until he turns pro.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
But in my NHL video game, he only reached 79 overall. The kid is a bust!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
This kid looks like a Marty St Louis or a Patty Kane. Hopefully we don't trade him like Marty. We'll have a future Chicago

Kane/Gaudreau-Toews/Monahan-we need a Sharp. Hopefully David Eddy randomly becomes a star

Trae

Calgary
This kid looks like a Marty St Louis or a Patty Kane. Hopefully we don't trade him like Marty. We'll have a future Chicago

Kane/Gaudreau-Toews/Monahan-we need a Sharp. Hopefully David Eddy randomly becomes a star

Baertschi/Hossa and Brodie/Keith :sarcasm:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Baertschi/Hossa and Brodie/Keith :sarcasm:

You jest, but I'm already convinced that Brodie is the Flames' Keith equivalent, although likely with less gaudy point totals than Keith's 60+ pt seasons. In terms of player type, the Flames are doing a great job of emulating the Hawks with the guys mentioned (and Backlund is actually a really good facsimile of Bolland - he might even be better). The only thing is, at least when it comes to Baertschi and Monahan vs Hossa and Toews, the Flames kids are likely to end up a tier below the Hawks comparables. I still don't think the comparisons are entirely unwarranted, though.

Trae

Calgary
You jest, but I'm already convinced that Brodie is the Flames' Keith equivalent, although likely with less gaudy point totals than Keith's 60+ pt seasons. In terms of player type, the Flames are doing a great job of emulating the Hawks with the guys mentioned (and Backlund is actually a really good facsimile of Bolland - he might even be better). The only thing is, at least when it comes to Baertschi and Monahan vs Hossa and Toews, the Flames kids are likely to end up a tier below the Hawks comparables. I still don't think the comparisons are entirely unwarranted, though.

No, I do agree, we are slowly assembling Chicago-Lite. I don't think any of our players will end up as good as their counterparts though. But if we could add a significant piece this year and next years draft, it won't matter.

JulianHopper*

Johnny's The Real Deal

I really like Johnny Gaudreau and can't wait to see him in camp and on the Flames next season.

64 points in 34 games with 30 goals, that's pretty impressive to me.

Emile Poirier is another guy I'm looking forward to seeing up here next year.

80 points so far this season with 42 goals in major junior, that's some sick stats right there. Not to mention the 125 PIM.

Looking good for the Flames if these 2 players can make the team in the next year or two.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Monahan = Toews
Brodie = Keith
Backlund = Bolland
Gaudrea = Kane
Baertschi = Hossa
Porier = Sharp
Klimchuck = Versteeg
Arnold = Ladd
Seiloff = Hjalm
Wotherspoon = Seabrook

Edit:
Colborne = Byfuglien??
Ferland = Brouwer??
Jankowski = Carter??
Agostino = Grabovski??
Granlund = Perron??

Already the Flames will have a better dynasty :sarcasm:

Last edited:

JulianHopper*

Flames need to get this guy signed already. I hope Burke doesn't mess it up with how he like to talk so much and all.

JulianHopper*

What is so hard to understand about NCAA rules? :help:

"NCAA Players - As of 2004, 18-year-old players from NCAA Division I schools can be drafted and retain their college eligibility as long as they don't play for a pro team or hire an agent. In previous years, an 18-year-old who opted into the draft lost his NCAA eligibility."

Doesn't say they can't be signed here but you're probably right.

Either way the Flames still have his rights a couple months after his graduation year, Aug. 15th of that year.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
"NCAA Players - As of 2004, 18-year-old players from NCAA Division I schools can be drafted and retain their college eligibility as long as they don't play for a pro team or hire an agent. In previous years, an 18-year-old who opted into the draft lost his NCAA eligibility."

Doesn't say they can't be signed here but you're probably right.

Either way the Flames still have his rights a couple months after his graduation year, Aug. 15th of that year.

That's exactly what it says right there: "retain their eligibility as long as they don't play for a pro team or hire an agent."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's exactly what it says right there: "retain their eligibility as long as they don't play for a pro team or hire an agent."

That doesn't say that they can't sign contracts, but it is stated in other places that NCAA players are required to be amateur, an signing a contract makes one a professional (you are considered a professional if you accept pay, or the promise of pay, for playing).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That doesn't say that they can't sign contracts, but it is stated in other places that NCAA players are required to be amateur, an signing a contract makes one a professional (you are considered a professional if you accept pay, or the promise of pay, for playing).

I'm pretty sure it's implied. Considering it also says you can't have an agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad