Johnny Gaudreau vs. Patrik Laine

Gaudreau or Laine going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I believe Laine's superior goal scoring ability will make him the more valuable player going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Doesn't Laine already have a concussion history?

If Gaudreau is involved in a similar collision I'm pretty sure he is out more than what Laine was. The fact Laine is huge is a big reason he was only out 10 games, that hit looked brutal but he was very quickly back.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
If Gaudreau is involved in a similar collision I'm pretty sure he is out more than what Laine was. The fact Laine is huge is a big reason he was only out 10 games, that hit looked brutal but he was very quickly back.
But Gaudreau is A LOT smarter than Laine and wouldn't be caught with his pants down.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Lol there's a reason Gaudreau doesn't get hit like that very often.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I believe Laine's superior goal scoring ability will make him the more valuable player going forward but these are 2 very good 50-60 point players going forward.

Good one - then again, no one said you had to post anything close to realistic on this board

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Gaudreau is better right now, but going forward I'd take Laine. Both have elite skillsets, but I think that players with Laine's attributes are a bit harder to come by. Regardless, they'll both be towards the top of the scoring leaderboard for years to come.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Laine. His shot and ability to be a clutch player in elimination games will come handy in long playoff runs when the games are decided by one goal.

Last edited:

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
So when Gaudreau was Laine's age he was in NCAA hmm...

Yeah, Laine.
Gaudreau was 140 pounds. He wasn't close to being physically prepared for the NHL. People uae this argument against JG all the time. It is a terrible one. Right now its Johnny and not close. Laine can close the gap and even surpass him eventually, but it is far from a sure thing.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Laine is an Ovechkin Type
Gaudreau is a Kane Type

Kane has 3 cups and a Conn Smythe
Ovechkin can't get past round 2

Easy choice, Gaudreau
I think Gaudreaus better but this comparison is..... not the best. Ovechkin in Kanes spot would have 3 cups if not more

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think Gaudreaus better but this comparison is..... not the best. Ovechkin in Kanes spot would have 3 cups if not more
How do you know that?

Kane's had mind-blowing playoff performances that I'm not sure Ovechkin could replicate.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It’s Gaudreau, absolutely right now. Not sure if we look 5 years down the line.

It’s really interesting how this forum views players. Gaudreau is a top 10 offensive player (if not higher) player in this league, Laine will always be an offence first player... so there’s some gap to overcome because I’m not sure if I’d have Laine in my top 20-30 of just offensive dynamite.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
The only things Laine has over Gaudreau is his size and shot but honestly, I think his shot alone is enough to put him over the top in the future.

Gaudreau is better right now but I view Laine as a future 50+ goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad