Gaudreau or Laine going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Patrik Laine for now. I think he's the better of the 2 at the moment. He's going to have to do something to start the season though to stay as my pick between the two.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Right now, Johnny Hockey easy. Going forward is more difficult. Probably Laine but pretty much a toss up.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
What's with all these Laine threads. So much disrespect to Laine. He's going to be a top 5 player in the league. Idn why all these comparisons are up.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
What's with all these Laine threads. So much disrespect to Laine. He's going to be a top 5 player in the league. Idn why all these comparisons are up.

I don't know for sure I would say top 5, but elite for sure. Has the tools to be top 5 if he can put it all together. The threads are a bit terrible, just poor timing while the kid is struggling.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I don't know for sure I would say top 5, but elite for sure. Has the tools to be top 5 if he can put it all together. The threads are a bit terrible, just poor timing while the kid is struggling.

I see him as a top 5 in a few years once Crosby, Kane and company gets older.

Matthews/ McDavid
Barkov
Laine
Eichel/Drai/Nylander/ Aho/ Keller/ Marner/ Nico etc

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I see him as a top 5 in a few years once Crosby, Kane and company gets older.

Matthews/ McDavid
Barkov
Laine
Eichel/Drai/Nylander/ Aho/ Keller/ Marner/ Nico etc

I guess maybe an argument is there, but it's hard for me to put him ahead of Eichel, Kucherov, Hedman, Tavares, Tarasenko, and I could even see a Nylander surpassing him, but only because of the speed, edge work, and possession numbers he can roll out.

If Laine works on his weaknesses and reaches his potential, yes for sure I see top 5.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Hang on a second. Why can't Gaudreau become top 10 players in the league at some point? Whenever players get compared to him everyone acts as if he regressed or plateaued.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, it's hilarious that in all of these polls, the player that has ALREADY been in the top 6 in scoring is the one least likely to stay there. That was literally the season before last.

Reactions: flamesforcup

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So when Gaudreau was Laine's age he was in NCAA hmm...

Yeah, Laine.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Laine pretty easily, at worst he'll be a regular 40 goal scorer who will probably improve his all around game much more than Gaudreau moving forward.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Love Gaudreau, but it's easy to pick Laine. It's way harder to find pure snipers in this league.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Love Gaudreau, but it's easy to pick Laine. It's way harder to find pure snipers in this league.
They are polar opposite players. Gaudreau sets up the play and Laine has the best shot in the league (on par at the very least with Ovie).
Imagine Gaudreau and Laine on the same line?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
They are polar opposite players. Gaudreau sets up the play and Laine has the best shot in the league (on par at the very least with Ovie).
Imagine Gaudreau and Laine on the same line?

I can't, or else we wouldn't have Tkachuk :laugh:

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
So when Gaudreau was Laine's age he was in NCAA hmm...

Yeah, Laine.

So?

There are a ton of players that started in the NHL at a younger age than Gaudreau. Johnny will still have a better career than almost all of them.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Laine because Gaudreau is small and fragile. He looks like he's one hit away from LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->