Prospect Info: Johnny Gaudreau named Hockey East's Player of the Year

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Congrats to the kid. Can't wait until he's up here.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=710397

He's the nation's leading scorer with 69 points (32 goals, 37 assists) through just 37 games and has been held off the scoresheet just twice all season. He also tied Paul Kariya's Hockey East record for points in consecutive games (31), which was set in 1992.

Gaudreau was also named the Squad Locker Scoring Champion for the second consecutive season, with 18 goals and 18 assists for 36 points in 20 Hockey East games. The Carneys Point, NJ product had nine more points than his nearest competitor, linemate Kevin Hayes.

In addition, he was named to the Hockey East First All-Star team.

Gaudreau's linemate and fellow Flames prospect Bill Arnold was named Hockey East's Gladiator Co-Best Defensive Forward.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
were-not-worthy.gif

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
part me hopes that Johnny and the Eagles can go far and win the national championship in Gaudreau's backyard (Frozen four will be in Philly this year)

but the other part of me hopes they get kicked out early and we can see what he can do at the NHL level for AT LEAST a few games to gauge his readiness

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
part me hopes that Johnny and the Eagles can go far and win the national championship in Gaudreau's backyard (Frozen four will be in Philly this year)

but the other part of me hopes they get kicked out early and we can see what he can do at the NHL level for AT LEAST a few games to gauge his readiness

This. And a big congrats to JG and Arnold. :handclap:

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
The kid is really lighting it up... and hopes are growing higher for him as he might take his NHL step soon. All the signs point to him bringing that game to the NHL, fingers crossed! So excited!

Has he mentioned the Flames lately? Just wondering what his latest thoughts are since he seems to be holding most of the cards on this...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The kid is really lighting it up... and hopes are growing higher for him as he might take his NHL step soon. All the signs point to him bringing that game to the NHL, fingers crossed! So excited!

Has he mentioned the Flames lately? Just wondering what his latest thoughts are since he seems to be holding most of the cards on this...

He doesn't hold all of the cards this year, because if he doesn't want to sign he has to play another year of college hockey. That would also be a pretty obvious move given what he's said about not having anything more to prove at the college level and would give us a lot of time to find a trade for him if he did.

Apparently his sister has said some stuff about him being committed to Calgary, IIRC.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Gaudrea will be good for Baertschi. I think JG will bring a little more humility to Bart and let him know he's not the only future star on the team. Likewise, Baertschi's skills will keep JG hungry to be THE top line left wing. Still, we'll have an amazing one-two punch on the left with those two players 5 years from now.

Good thing Huds is smart enough as a player to be a RW effectively, and Glenny plays a game that fits a checking line effectively.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Gaudrea will be good for Baertschi. I think JG will bring a little more humility to Bart and let him know he's not the only future star on the team. Likewise, Baertschi's skills will keep JG hungry to be THE top line left wing. Still, we'll have an amazing one-two punch on the left with those two players 5 years from now.

Good thing Huds is smart enough as a player to be a RW effectively, and Glenny plays a game that fits a checking line effectively.

I dunno if we have space on the team for both those players. Not only can we not afford to have two small left wings on the same team, but it would also be a waste of talent. We should trade Baertschi for a #1 D prospect, provided Gaudreau seems to be making an impact.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I dunno if we have space on the team for both those players. Not only can we not afford to have two small left wings on the same team, but it would also be a waste of talent. We should trade Baertschi for a #1 D prospect, provided Gaudreau seems to be making an impact.

I don't know. Monahan plus another big centre, along with fair sized right wings, I think a top 6 with those two.wingers on the left could work

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

If we have 2 big Centers, so Monahan + ?, and two big RW's, so Poirier + ? then it wont matter than they are both smaller forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad