Player Discussion John Tortorella vs Alain Vigneault

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sorry I just hate the hypocrisy and how we're always on the defensive. I understand that many posters aren't like this, but too many are and that's the root of the frustration. Especially when the onus is put on us to be the bigger people in the name of "our movement" as if a different analysis is a movement

That wasn't accusing you either but the "lul corssi" movement have a lot of self-reflection to do if they actually want this gap bridged.

In all honesty, though? That's just kinda how it works. Across history, too. It just sorta is what it is, ya know?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I've found Corsica to be a more than suitable replacement, to be honest. There are a lot of features on there that are somewhat hidden among all the tabs, but I've never been faced with a situation that has been like: "I need to see this, why can't I find it anywhere?" I can always find what I'm looking for.

To put this back on topic:

Maybe AV should find himself a website he likes :naughty:

The only stats website he'd like is one that has Hits/60, Blocks/60, and Iced Pucks/60.
And Toughness Per Game.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
AV by a landslide. Torts bouncing Kreider and Zucc and Miller up and down the minors like ping pong balls. His embarrassing excoriation of MDZ at MSG. The playing 5 d men in the playoffs leaving Stu Bickel to rot. He overplayed the entire defensive corp and took 3 years off their professional lives by having the rangers defend for 60 minutes in their own zone and block every possible shot.

Drove Marian Gaborik out of town. People forget Torts played favorites too. Taylor Pyatt OMG, Darroll Powe.

Plus all the Avery Shenanigans, Saying P.A Parenteau was not good enough to make the Rangers, Saying Carl Hagelin "Stinks on The PP". The guy was a miserable SOB.

The handling of the press and his style of play he dictated the Rangers play was boring and basically playing for a tie every game. All this after saying after he initially was hired "Safe Is Death"

What he did in Vancouver.

What he did to team USA

Now CBJ is the flavor of the month everyone's jumping on this guys jock.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Drove Gabby out of town? We traded him for Nash, Brassard, etc.

Yeah, that is nonsense - we would not have Zib this season if not for Brassard for instant. In the beginning Zucc did not play great hockey when Torts was here, nor did JT Miller - he went up and down as well in AHL when AV was hired in his first season here.
World cup was off season and vacation mode for most players, and the coach can`t play for them like Kane had 1 or 2 pts with Stepan who seldom get himself going before christmas time. :)
Miller has been playing like a young prospect recently hence why he is cold on the Hayes line. JT need to step up with passes and finishing, and positioning in O zone, and drive more to net like Vesey for rebounds.

Last edited:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Gaborik was traded together with Steven Delisle for Brassard, Dorsett and Moore

Nash was acquired together with a 3rd and Steven Delisle in a trade for Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, a 1st

So

Gaborik (UFA - 1st), Anisimov (2nd), Dubinsky (2nd), Erixon (2 2nds plus), Delisle and 1st (Reichel)

For

Nash (1st OA), Brassard (1st), Moore (1st), Dorsett (do not remember), 3rd (Buchnevich)
Sather always had a thing for first rounders

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So

Gaborik (UFA - 1st), Anisimov (2nd), Dubinsky (2nd), Erixon (2 2nds plus), Delisle and 1st (Reichel)

For

Nash (1st OA), Brassard (1st), Moore (1st), Dorsett (do not remember), 3rd (Buchnevich)
Sather always had a thing for first rounders

You can scratch Delisle from this comparison altogether, since he was involved in both trades and was basically a player included to make it fit under the contract limit of 50 at the time. He was then sent back in the other trade either for the same reason, or because he missed Columbus

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
AV also can't win it all as of yet. Not sure I go with AV being the superior coach.

Sure he can. He just didn't.

People use this sort of argument against Lundqvist and it's lazy as hell. Just because he didn't win a cup doesn't mean he can't. There are so many things that go into winning a cup so it's just poor logic to boil it down to if an individual did or didn't win.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sure he can. He just didn't.

People use this sort of argument against Lundqvist and it's lazy as hell. Just because he didn't win a cup doesn't mean he can't. There are so many things that go into winning a cup so it's just poor logic to boil it down to if an individual did or didn't win.

I think that there are just some guys that can't seem to get over the hump. It is just how it is. Look at Bruce Boudreau, for example. One of the worst playoff coaches I have ever seen.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think that there are just some guys that can't seem to get over the hump. It is just how it is. Look at Bruce Boudreau, for example. One of the worst playoff coaches I have ever seen.

AV is not a bad play off coach. He took his teams to 2 Cup finals and a conference final.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
AV is not a bad play off coach. He took his teams to 2 Cup finals and a conference final.

I don't think he's as bad as BB. That was just my example.

AV's inability to change things up and adapt is what hurts him in the postseason, though. He's awful at making adjustments. We see it regularly in the regular season. He can get away with it there.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
AV by a landslide. Torts bouncing Kreider and Zucc and Miller up and down the minors like ping pong balls. His embarrassing excoriation of MDZ at MSG. The playing 5 d men in the playoffs leaving Stu Bickel to rot. He overplayed the entire defensive corp and took 3 years off their professional lives by having the rangers defend for 60 minutes in their own zone and block every possible shot.

Drove Marian Gaborik out of town. People forget Torts played favorites too. Taylor Pyatt OMG, Darroll Powe.

Plus all the Avery Shenanigans, Saying P.A Parenteau was not good enough to make the Rangers, Saying Carl Hagelin "Stinks on The PP". The guy was a miserable SOB.

The handling of the press and his style of play he dictated the Rangers play was boring and basically playing for a tie every game. All this after saying after he initially was hired "Safe Is Death"

What he did in Vancouver.

What he did to team USA

Now CBJ is the flavor of the month everyone's jumping on this guys jock.

Great post. Nice reminder of some of the terrible **** he did when he was here.

About the bolded part. Any decent AHL coach would be having the same success with CBJ as Torts is. The amount of talent on that team is insane. Even if you take away all the stupid **** he did with the Rangers, the USA world cup disgrace should not br forgotten so easily. He is a joke and I cant believe he even got the job in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad