OT: John Tortorella Suspension? (UPD: Suspended 15 days/6 games, Hartley fined $25,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Has it been pointed out yet that Hartley is a little *****? :laugh:

l8ALQKX.gif

Wetcoaster

The eruption of Mount Tortorella has inspired a restaurant dish by a local Italian eatery.

9418576.jpg

The incident, however, has inspired the chefs at Frankie’s Italian Kitchen & Bar to create something called the “Angry Tortsâ€-aloni special.

“We love hockey and love our Canucks,†said owner Raffaele Aiello. “Being a sports bar located so close to Rogers Arena, hosting all the games and feature food specials — we thought this dish would be a perfect fit.â€

Like its namesake, the dish is hot and spicy, made from veal, ricotta, chili, sun-dried tomato cream sauce, Parmigiano reggiano and “enough spinach for instant Popeye strength to rush through the masses and to any locker-room in town.â€

So far, Aiello said, the response has been great, and he extended an invite to Tortorella to come in and try the dish for himself.

“Hopefully it gets to him and now that he has some free time, he’ll stop in and give his namesake dish a try.â€​
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Van...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Steve Kouleas saying tonight that he thought Mike Sullivan should have been suspended as well. I don't get it, does Malarchuk have diplomatic immunity or something?

Edit: also, if it wasn't for the fact that his own network treats him like the annoying gnat he is, Kouleas would be far and away my least favourite hockey personality. I'd rather watch PJ Stock wax poetic on the Canucks ruining the game for hours than watch Kouleas introduce a highlight pack.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
The eruption of Mount Tortorella has inspired a restaurant dish by a local Italian eatery.

9418576.jpg

The incident, however, has inspired the chefs at Frankie’s Italian Kitchen & Bar to create something called the “Angry Tortsâ€-aloni special.

“We love hockey and love our Canucks,†said owner Raffaele Aiello. “Being a sports bar located so close to Rogers Arena, hosting all the games and feature food specials — we thought this dish would be a perfect fit.â€

Like its namesake, the dish is hot and spicy, made from veal, ricotta, chili, sun-dried tomato cream sauce, Parmigiano reggiano and “enough spinach for instant Popeye strength to rush through the masses and to any locker-room in town.â€

So far, Aiello said, the response has been great, and he extended an invite to Tortorella to come in and try the dish for himself.

“Hopefully it gets to him and now that he has some free time, he’ll stop in and give his namesake dish a try.â€​
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Van...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:laugh:

Opportunistic...

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Everyone should take tortellini and throw it on the ice to show their displeasure.

It will be our octopus, or rats.

I like the Tortorella mask idea. Would be great if someone had a ton of Tortorella masks to give out / sell cheap at the game. Would love to see Torts x 1000 in the crowd :laugh:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Steve Kouleas saying tonight that he thought Mike Sullivan should have been suspended as well. I don't get it, does Malarchuk have diplomatic immunity or something?

Edit: also, if it wasn't for the fact that his own network treats him like the annoying gnat he is, Kouleas would be far and away my least favourite hockey personality. I'd rather watch PJ Stock wax poetic on the Canucks ruining the game for hours than watch Kouleas introduce a highlight pack.

Ranting on the Canucks rates well. It sells well to rest of Canada, Canucks fans tune in to be insulted. I'd love the Canucks to take a page out some other sports and sell the naming rights and become the Rogers Canucks. That's right, start bad mouthing the Rogers Canucks if you never want to work again.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yup. And it's why I care less and less about the sport.

Think about this for a second : Tortorella was just suspended for longer for yelling in a hallway than Duncan Keith was for a premeditated elbow to the head of Daniel Sedin that completely derailed Sedin's career and ruined our chances of competing in the 2012 playoffs.
I'm the biggest hockey fan I have ever met, but the uneven officiating/suspensions is really hurting my enjoyment of the NHL. It seems about as legitimate as wrestling these days.

That Rome suspension in the finals gave me one of the angriest, most helpless, and unjust feelings that I've ever had in any part of my life. It was an absolute travesty.

But all of this from the same league that allowed campbell to stay on even after his emails to Stephen Walkom (head of officiating at the time) *****ing about penalties against his son. I mean, the entire braintrust should have been tarred and feathered after that. But instead, it's a non-story and the league just continues to atrophy. It's depressing what the NHL is doing to a beautiful game.

McLlwain

Trevor Forever
Jun 9, 2005
Cologne/Germany
Opposing teams used to refer to the Canucks as a "good team" or a "skilled team".
Tides are changing in this regard apparently:
Said Quick: "It's usually like that when we play these guys. They're a tough team. We've developed a bit of a rivalry over the years."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kings-canucks-20140114-14,0,2553484.story#axzz2rCx8Hpwx

The media will catch up on the new image eventually. They will pick up whatever storyline makes for a good headline. They're most likely not going to give up on painting the Canucks as the villains, because we are the red headed nephews among Canadian teams. We should have gotten used to that by now.

I'm far more concerned about the refs still sort of punishing the Canucks for calling out one of their brethren four years ago and the league playing along. With all the flack refs get across the board, I'm sure the league is more than happy to throw them a bone once in a while. If that's on the Canucks' expense, it's not hurting anyone significant. I'm not saying I buy into the whole conspiracy idea. I just think the Canucks are (and have made themselves to a certain degree) an easy target. Being an extension team, that no one wanted in the first place, probably puts you in that position with the old boys club.

Due to that I'm not sure if changing the attitude of the team helps all that much. Over the last years we tried to stay out of the line of fire (starting with the management ordering Kes and Burr to tone down their yap). That didn't work. I'm not sure if going the exact opposite way will work, but at least it's worth a try, I guess.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
But all of this from the same league that allowed campbell to stay on even after his emails to Stephen Walkom (head of officiating at the time) *****ing about penalties against his son. I mean, the entire braintrust should have been tarred and feathered after that. But instead, it's a non-story and the league just continues to atrophy. It's depressing what the NHL is doing to a beautiful game.

Couldn't agree more with all of that!

McLlwain

Trevor Forever
Jun 9, 2005
Cologne/Germany
True.

Remember which referee was backing up Campbell's assessment of Dean Warren publicly back then? Our good friend Paul Devorski!
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/warren-refferees/

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

l8ALQKX.gif

What a goof. Fully expect him to be out of a job by year's end. Both because Burke/new GM will want to make that change, and because he makes it a point for his teams to adopt a dirty/disreputable style. Well past his best before date IMO.

They didn't suspend this clown?

Last edited:

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Opposing teams used to refer to the Canucks as a "good team" or a "skilled team".
Tides are changing in this regard apparently:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kings-canucks-20140114-14,0,2553484.story#axzz2rCx8Hpwx

The media will catch up on the new image eventually. They will pick up whatever storyline makes for a good headline. They're most likely not going to give up on painting the Canucks as the villains, because we are the red headed nephews among Canadian teams. We should have gotten used to that by now.

I'm far more concerned about the refs still sort of punishing the Canucks for calling out one of their brethren four years ago and the league playing along. With all the flack refs get across the board, I'm sure the league is more than happy to throw them a bone once in a while. If that's on the Canucks' expense, it's not hurting anyone significant. I'm not saying I buy into the whole conspiracy idea. I just think the Canucks are (and have made themselves to a certain degree) an easy target. Being an extension team, that no one wanted in the first place, probably puts you in that position with the old boys club.

Due to that I'm not sure if changing the attitude of the team helps all that much. Over the last years we tried to stay out of the line of fire (starting with the management ordering Kes and Burr to tone down their yap). That didn't work. I'm not sure if going the exact opposite way will work, but at least it's worth a try, I guess.
Well they are a mediocre team with little skill, especially with Henrik out, so what else can be said?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
OK, this really pains me but I have to admit that the Canucks are a team I will now be cheering for. I am a Flames fan but am shocked with Hartleys behavior in this game. If he has the stones to put the 4th line on the ice for the start of the game he should have the stones to defend it. When Torts was trying to talk to him on the bench Hartley just ignored him. That was chickens**t. Be a man and answer the questions. Your team has a lot of heart and deserves a better fate. Finally the canucks flames games will mean something again. Torts has made me a believer. Once again I would never ever think I would say this but I will be pulling for the Canucks. A team with a firery head coach with some personality. Good on you Torts, shame on you Harley.

Thanks and I'm glad to hear it didn't go over well with at least 1 Flames fan. Welcome to the dark side.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Amazing work by Zombotron. :amazed:

l8ALQKX.gif

Yep. Guy's a real ****bag and a bold-faced liar which should be plain for all to see.

You've got Hartley sending out guys to to take beatings and then he just abandons them and disappears when confronted about it. You've got one coach who is prepared to take a proverbial bullet for his players and another who just expects them to take bullets for him while he publicly denies them with his "Wot me? Those fools I sent out just started that on their own. I was shocked! If you need me I'll be hiding in the dressing room".

You have to wonder how this will play out within the player group. Surely Burke must be embarassed, doesn't seem like the kind of toughness and truculence he likes.

Absolutely agreed. How much longer will they stand for this cowardly chicken**** of a coach who can't even bring himself to own up to the fact he forced his guys to fight?

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011

The incident, however, has inspired the chefs at Frankie’s Italian Kitchen & Bar to create something called the “Angry Torts”-aloni special.

“We love hockey and love our Canucks,” said owner Raffaele Aiello. “Being a sports bar located so close to Rogers Arena, hosting all the games and feature food specials — we thought this dish would be a perfect fit.”

Like its namesake, the dish is hot and spicy, made from veal, ricotta, chili, sun-dried tomato cream sauce, Parmigiano reggiano and “enough spinach for instant Popeye strength to rush through the masses and to any locker-room in town.”

“Hopefully it gets to him and now that he has some free time, he’ll stop in and give his namesake dish a try.”​

Probably a better business proposition than having a "Free Torts"-ellini promotion.

That Rome suspension in the finals gave me one of the angriest, most helpless, and unjust feelings that I've ever had in any part of my life.

Not to disagree with your overall point but if this is really true then I think that's cause to reflect on how fortunate you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->