John Tortorella rips into Jack Johnson, Jim Rutherford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The fact that you seem to ignore the countless examples of Torts and his whining/vendetta against the Pens and just his general immature behavior as a head coach with the Rangers, Lightning, Canucks and even the Jackets is more telling than whatever attempt I made at a "sick burn" bro.
Shifting the goalposts again. I'm all familiar with Torts and his childish behavior, but in this case, he had every right to go after Jr who acted like a moron running his mouth. And again, what are we learning? That is other than the fact that when the facts don't fit your narrative you resort to petulant insults a kindergartener would come up with?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Shifting the goalposts again. I'm all familiar with Torts and his childish behavior, but in this case, he had every right to go after Jr who acted like a moron running his mouth. And again, what are we learning? That is other than the fact that when the facts don't fit your narrative you resort to petulant insults a kindergartener would come up with?

Except, you claiming "JR ran his mouth" is along the lines of Torts childish behavior.

1. JR just stated that the healthy scratch had more to do with his play, which JJ also alluded to with his body language when he was asked.
2. We all have seen how Torts has treated players in the past and present, nothing new here.
3. Get over it, your need to name call JR is really out to lunch.

If JR did say crap without confirming it, that'd be one thing. JR is a throw-back GM, he's a guy that isn't going to say a bunch of crap if he knows it's not true. Literally everyone knew there was far more to the Jack Johnson benching than just him being "terrible and deserving of it" his usage was also suddenly changing and then he wanted out and suddenly he was benched a lot, coincidence? Not likely.

But yeah, sure, JR is a moron for signing a guy and then hearing his side of things, knowing everything else, and saying what he said.

I forgot that JR had a history of tirades and idiotic behavior, oh right, he doesn't.

Move any more goal posts?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Torts is always good for rustling some Penguin jimmies.

Not really, we're laughing our asses off at it. The fact that Torts was mad is more hilarious than anything. I am curious what he will say when Panarin bounces from the Jackets too and says he's happy to be back to a winning culture in LA/Chicago/NY and Torts just has an aneurysm and some how blames the Pens too, lol.

Ever notice that Torts has whined a ton vs the Pens as a Rangers Coach and then as a Jackets Coach and the Pens haven't said a damned thing in return?

If jimmes are a'rustlin'...it sure as shit isn't ours.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
For the longest time I've wanted the Canes to hire Torterella. Not just to whip the team into shape, but because I just want to see the shocked, bewildered expressions of the polite, mild mannered southern media personnel when he just savagely tears into them at the drop of a hat. It would be hilarious.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
The back and forth between Crede777 and guys like ZeroPucksGiven, ZenArcade, and domaug would easily answer that question. Of course youd have to have been paying attention to notice

That has more to do with the fans. If a certain segment of Jackets fans didn't have such a hard on for all things Penguins I wouldn't give a ton of thought to their team.

Reactions: domaug

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Rutherford and Johnson both take pot shots at the Blue Jackets, and Torts is the villain for defending his team?

What a joke. Go Torts. JJ and JR shouldn't be commenting about other organizations if they don't want a response.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Rutherford and Johnson both take pot shots at the Blue Jackets, and Torts is the villain for defending his team?

What a joke. Go Torts. JJ and JR shouldn't be commenting about other organizations if they don't want a response.

I’m fairly certain JR doesn’t care what response C-bus gives back. I doubt he pays them much mind TBTH.

As for JJ, he said something pretty innocuous, that was 100% true. Torts has little man syndrome and blows up over the dumbest shit. He’s made comments 100x worse towards the Pens org and players over the years, and no player or mgmt member on the Pens side has lost their minds in retaliation like he did.

Just how Torts is. A whiner with thin skin.

Hopefully he won’t try to attack the Pens dressing room next time they meet...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Woah woah. Hold on. A few posts back, someone said "the last thing you want to do is make Torts angry." So lets all sit back and be deathly afraid of him shall we?

Heard some former Flames still can’t sleep at night worrying Torts will bust in their bedrooms like the Fool-Aid man...

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Torts has been taking shots at the Pens for years, the hypocrisy on his end is hilarious.

And the fact that the Pens have more or less ignored his verbal diarrhea while he spazzes out like a coked up Fraggle as soon as one comment goes the other way is very telling.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
For someone who doesn't pay them much mind, JR sure likes snarky commentary on things he has no business commenting on.

Why are you making it out like this is some regular thing he does? Kind of disingenuous, but that’s how people are today I suppose... take something that isn’t a big deal and turn it into a crime agt humanity.

Like I said, I doubt he pays them much mind and therefore spoke honestly about something he was probably told.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I’m fairly certain JR doesn’t care what response C-bus gives back. I doubt he pays them much mind TBTH.

As for JJ, he said something pretty innocuous, that was 100% true. Torts has little man syndrome and blows up over the dumbest ****. He’s made comments 100x worse towards the Pens org and players over the years, and no player or mgmt member on the Pens side has lost their minds in retaliation like he did.

Just how Torts is. A whiner with thin skin.

I think it's incredible how you sat there with a straight face and typed the first part, then immediately followed it with the second part.

And your hilariously defensive reaction obviously means that everything that's been said over the years about the Penguins organization is true, as this thread has taught me.

Reactions: Viqsi

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think it's incredible how you sat there with a straight face and typed the first part, then immediately followed it with the second part.

And your hilariously defensive reaction obviously means that everything that's been said over the years about the Penguins organization is true, as this thread has taught me.

You can see my face when I type?

Whoa!

We got a real live super hero up in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->