John Tortorella rips into Jack Johnson, Jim Rutherford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
when, for approximately a decade, you're continually inundated with people calling your best players whiners, cheaters, your entire organization the product of some leaguewide conspiracy to push them to success, and generally disrespected for no real reason other than jealousy and/or hatred...

it's natural to fire back eventually

Well, if you're getting this defensive and worked up, it must be because it's all true. That's what I've learned from this thread.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That was 2 days ago and people are still talking about it.

Jimmies: Rustled.

Oh is there an arbitrary number of days we're permitted to talk about stuff that goes on? Should we put a moratorium on the JT talk too?

I didn't realize if you pass a certain threshold of hours since the original even your jimmies go from uncomfortable to rustled
I think people are just surprised that someone continues to be such a hypocrite: a guy whining about whiners.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
JR said he knew why JJ was healthy scratched and it wasn't because of his play.
Why would Torts assume he meant it was the fault of the Jackets and not JJ himself? All he indicated was that he was satisfied that it would not be a problem going forward.

But Torts and the Jackets acted (very) offended, not puzzled...even while claiming not to understand what it might be...it reads like they did have an off ice issue, were well aware of it, and felt the need to get very defensive about it...enough to have Torts declare “No one wishes anything bad to happen to him and his family..."
Why did JR say anything in the first place?

He knew it would likely blow up in his face. Was he so insecure about signing JJ that he lost his head for a minute?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
when, for approximately a decade, you're continually inundated with people calling your best players whiners, cheaters, your entire organization the product of some leaguewide conspiracy to push them to success, and generally disrespected for no real reason other than jealousy and/or hatred...

But what about that is untrue?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
JR doesn't go on tirades like a whiny baby like Torts. And I'm not using the word saint. JR is the adult here though. Torts has always been a big baby.
Not very adult like to take pot shots at other organizations and their inner workings from the outside looking in, without any sense of context. Torts was right to rip into JR, but should've left JJ out of it.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
The Hockey Guy on youtube kind of dumped on Johnson for not saying it differently as far as wanting to win a Cup, or whatever, but I think Johnson was just excited. He just looked like some nervous and excited kid who is finally getting to take his crush to the prom.

I will actually miss Torts when he retires, if nothing else he always keeps it interesting. The whole thing was hilarious to me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not very adult like to take pot shots at other organizations and their inner workings from the outside looking in, without any sense of context. Torts was right to rip into JR, but should've left JJ out of it.
Except he didn't. He heard JJs side and everyone knows Torts is kind of a wankbucket.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sure. How about the fact that JJ didn't play because he sucked? Doesn't fit the narrative does it?
It clearly doesn't from what we're learning. We'll see how true it is this next season. Tell your dad, John Tortorella, to not get so mad when it happens.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

Yes of course. Jealousy and/or hatred. It couldn’t possibly be because the narrative has a ring of truth to it. Nope. We’re just jealous. And/or filled with hate. Got it.

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
I can see why Johnson's comment was taken the way it was and why Torts reacted the way he did. Oh well.

Torts will always get a pass from me because he's one of the only guys in the league with the balls to treat Brooks like the piece of trash that he is.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
As a friend I'd recommend Torts get into some sort of meditation, try to chill out a bit.

As a fan keep it coming! This guy is hilarious!

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Do the Pens, or their fans, even give a second thought to Columbus? There's not even a " Rivalry".
The back and forth between Crede777 and guys like ZeroPucksGiven, ZenArcade, and domaug would easily answer that question. Of course youd have to have been paying attention to notice

Reactions: Viqsi

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And what are you learning? And sick burn, a true mark of someone out of his depth.

The fact that you seem to ignore the countless examples of Torts and his whining/vendetta against the Pens and just his general immature behavior as a head coach with the Rangers, Lightning, Canucks and even the Jackets is more telling than whatever attempt I made at a "sick burn" bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad