John Tortorella Named (Part Time) Head Coach Discussion

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
So are people rooting for Torts to have success? Or do they want failure?
What a dumb question. The majority on this board (minus the contrarians cause they always go against the concensus no matter what) everyone wants the team to have success. Unfortunately given the track record of those in charge, along with all the moves that have been made since said management came into place, outlook of success is unlikely. I'll be tickled pink if the Flyers do well next season

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Sure seems like a lot of posters want the Flyers to lose. Many support it as a strategy. Some have so much seething hatred toward management and several players that they want them to lose out of spite.

We're going to lose. It's inevitable. You just have your head rammed so far up the organization's ass that you refuse to see it and you're content to chase mediocrity. This FO sucks, and the only spite any of us have for it is because they're losers who suck.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
There are plenty of people whose heads would explode if the Flyers win the Cup. PLus then they would have nothing to complain about, thus they lose their whole purpose in life.

All I want is a f***ing Cup, and I would happily go a lifetime without complaining about a damn thing.

Some people's purpose in life is just to refuse to see reality. Sadly, their heads do not explode when reality intrudes. Instead, they just keep doubling and tripling down because they can't admit they're wrong.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I fundamentally can't understand why or how someone would still have confidence in this franchise to be able to win a Cup other than blind dedication to the shield. I'm sorry that the majority of us on this board are seemingly realists and that interferes with the picture perfect view of the organization that they love so much. The truth hurts sometimes.

Do you really think we enjoy watching the team that has brought us all tons of moments of joy and we've spent countless hours of our lives supporting suffer? No, not even close. It's agonizing. All we want is a reason to be hopeful again and we haven't been given that in years as they continue to focus on moronic team building processes.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We're going to lose. It's inevitable. You just have your head rammed so far up the organization's ass that you refuse to see it and you're content to chase mediocrity. This FO sucks, and the only spite any of us have for it is because they're losers who suck.
It's not "inevitable," Eeyore.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1