John Tortorella in the hot seat?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
How many more loses until Torts gets the walking papers? Having lost 8 of the last 11 games (and 4 straight) you would think it's coming soon.

Reactions: violaswallet

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Columbus keeps him. He's doing something right for the Blue Jackets.

But if Torts gets fired, Buffalo should go right after him like a missile.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I would be shocked if they fired Torts during the season. He's a huge part of that team's identity and has brought them some of the biggest successes in franchise history. It seems like something is wrong in CBJ, with the Dubois saga being so painful and now the team sliding. But whether Torts is the problem or not, I think he's earned some patience and loyalty from his GM.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Do you think he wants to risk whatever he has left of his reputation on Buffalo?
If i am Torts, i look at this as a situation where i am uniquely poised to help solve the culture problem in Buffalo. Wouldn't it look good to be the guy who rode in and fixed a team that has been broken for over a decade? Also, as far as I know, Pegula's money isn't any less green than everyone else's.

I am not the world's biggest torts fan, but he is EXACTLY what this Sabres team needs. Someone who isn't going to coddle them and make excuses for them. He is a hardass who holds players accountable. The sabres will find out really quickly which players are part of the culture problem if Torts was in charge of the locker room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Babchuk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would be shocked if they fired Torts during the season. He's a huge part of that team's identity and has brought them some of the biggest successes in franchise history. It seems like something is wrong in CBJ, with the Dubois saga being so painful and now the team sliding. But whether Torts is the problem or not, I think he's earned some patience and loyalty from his GM.
It seems his GM agrees.

Reactions: LeafGrief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->