John Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmethead

Jun 2, 2002
Port Cockerton
Visit site
well from what i saw of him at the under 17's this kid will be somthing else. should be a top 10 pick. he has a good power game and a mean shot. if i could compare him to anyone i think i'd take Jeremy Roenick .i'm not saying he is gonna be as good as roenick but he plays the same style of game.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
My son played against him in that tournament and said he was the best player there. My son's a pretty good defenseman and he said he beat him a couple times, one on one, like he was standing still. He has quick accelleration and a great shot. QUOTE=ernesto]well from what i saw of him at the under 17's this kid will be somthing else. should be a top 10 pick. he has a good power game and a mean shot. if i could compare him to anyone i think i'd take Jeremy Roenick .i'm not saying he is gonna be as good as roenick but he plays the same style of game.[/QUOTE]

fatsunny

Jan 22, 2005
Solid player

JT is a very good all around player. Skates very well with quick lateral movement and good hands. He's also has an accurate shot. Very confident and seems to be a leader and wants the puck. Best of all, he is a very respectful kid with good character. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes somewhere in the first round. Not saying if in the first half or second half, that will depend on how well he progresses next year.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
He should be a top 10 pick. I think his stock will rise considerably when he plays in a more respected league. No knock against Shattuck's but the concerns about the lack of skill in high school are well founded.

He certainly has all the tools to be as good as anyone in the draft aside from probably Frolik and Kessell - he'll just need to use them against NCAA players before he gets noticed.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Definately glad he chose the NCAA route over the Ams, since I live in Spokane and Tri-City is our rival. However, I am disappointed that I won't get to see him live. In my book, from what I hear, he's going to be an elite power forward wherever he plays. Too bad we can't see a Drayson Bowman/Johnathon Toews matchup just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->