Value of: John Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I think he walks if the islanders are stuck in mediocrity by 2018. Islanders lack a #1D and a true #1G to be real contenders. A few more first or second round exits and I could fully see JT moving on from the islanders .

Absolutely..... he's teetering on the edge, you can tell. If someone burns his toast, he probably demands a trade right then and there.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Lol. I can't. Please dear lord don't tell me that this is what isles fans have to deal with for a year. Hell re-sign next summer. That's how he is. And with news of a new arena coming he's not going anywhere.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
If in 2 years the Isles haven't made a serious cup push, I think he could bolt elsewhere.
Why stay on with the gypsy caravan?

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Lol. I can't. Please dear lord don't tell me that this is what isles fans have to deal with for a year. Hell re-sign next summer. That's how he is. And with news of a new arena coming he's not going anywhere.

Look at mr nice guy Kevin Durant....the best players want to win championships, especially during their peak

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
When you've got a top five forward you give him whatever he wants. Then hope you can build a team around them before they start to decline.

Tavares will get 10-ish and stay in Brooklyn. Whether they can build around him in time...?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Will be interesting to see what happens with him over the next 2 years.

If by "interesting" you mean that twiddling your thumbs for 12 months, then commenting on an 8 year extension for roughly Malkin money in month 13 is something that gets your attention, then I guess.

This does (inadvertently) bring up a strange thing that used to be said of Tavares when he was 18--that he was self-centered. Certain people talked about him a bit like they talk about Ho-Sang. This talk ended up being way off-base. Guy bleeds his logo.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Look at mr nice guy Kevin Durant....the best players want to win championships, especially during their peak

And? The isles have he top goaltending prospect in the world currently, their cup window is just opening, and have one of the most talented forward lineups in the entire league.

The isles also have , arguably, the best prospect pool in the NHL.

So where is he going where he can get the same pay he'll get here and the same chances to win the cup?

Toronto? Anaheim? Give me a break, brother.

He's a New York islander until he retires.

Disclaimer: if he leaves, a part of me will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->