Speculation: John Tavares' Pending Unrestricted Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It'd be hilarious if part of the reason why we let Lou go early was so he can trade us Tavares' rights so we get first crack :laugh:
If that happens I can't wait for others to come along with how the Leafs tampered even though there was no evidence since Lou was given permission to talk with Tavares. Just like those who said the Leafs would lose their 1st round pick because of what happened with Lupul, even though they were cleared of doing anything wrong with him.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Brady has been out-spoken about stuff about to go down (or not), but can't recall if he's been accurate at all

Nobody has said a peep into this saga til now. Why would Brady put his rep on the line at this point ? Where there is smoke there is fire ??

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Nobody has said a peep into this saga til now. Why would Brady put his rep on the line at this point ? Where there is smoke there is fire ??

I meant he's made bold predictions about other stuff in the past
There is a lot of smoke here though.........

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Nope. Not even a little. Hot Take Charlie.

Once called Tyler Seguin the "next Ron Francis."

So it's your post meant to discredit his ability to foresee the future?

Because the topic at hand is sources regarding a DECISION by Tavares and the reason(s) behind said decision.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Wheeler is terrible. He was good, at one point. But now, he tries too hard.

I switch over to FM, when Wheeler is on.

Dont want to hi jack this thread. But cant agree more. He has no substance to his thoughts. Almost impossible to listen too

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
JT has a rocking summer beard flowing and didn't want to abide by Lou's grooming rules...

CcvYJKAWEAAD48O.jpg

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
there's no way that a garbage coach like Weight leaving is going to be the last straw for him. There's also no way Weight would have been fired if Tavares staying was contingent on that
I agree, that’s why I think Lou had been informed that Tavares was cutting ties, and at that point he went ahead and rinsed weight.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Somebody needs to get Brady and Friedman to talk to each other:

31 Thoughts: Tavares ‘definitely listening’ to Islanders’ pitch
In fairness that was before Snow and Weight got canned. I never understood why Lou going there would suddenly make him stay.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Even if it's true that Tavares won't re-sign because Weight was fired, anyone could see Lou firing him and Snow the moment he was hired. It was only a matter of time.

The real question is how much does anyone believe Greg Brady and his sources?

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
It would be stupid of him not to test free agency, but I doubt Weight getting sacked is a strong factor here.

Personally, I suspect Tavares may have the Leafs on his radar but is waiting to see how our contracts with the big three play out to see how he might be able to fit (and how much money he could actually make) into the team's cap structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->