Player Discussion: John Tavares- Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think, if Tavares signs and we upgrade in goal, we can makr noise this year... maybe not surefire cup contenders, but we know the offensive potential is real, and there’s no way in God’s green earth that Trotz’s influence can’t help with the defensive side of the game a good bit of not tremendously

In addition this division is not the juggernaut many once thought it was. Columbus has D issues, Carolina has offense problems, Philly has problems everywhere, the Rangers suck for at least 2 seasons, the Devils are likely up and coming, the Pens have probably 2-3 more years, the Caps are good but I don't think they're necessarily unstoppable. I would gladly take this division over the NE or Central any day.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
A lot of Nick Leddy's problems came from being partnered with Dennis Seidenberg much of the time when Boychuk was hurt. I'm counting on Barry Trotz and his staff to help Leddy clean up his game, particularly helping him when he is caught as the only D back on a 2 on 1 (that was ugly and kept getting uglier). We're committed to Leddy for 4 more years and he still has wheels. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Well, I really hope Trotz and his staff will be able to help Leddy and to figure out a way to make him useful on this line-up. His salary is too high just to have him out there, completely useless. Especially since there's also Ladd's contract that we need to make go away somehow, so Leddy needs to step up. I was checking his stats right now and I completely forgot he's so young. He looked like someone 30+ on the ice this season.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Well, I really hope Trotz and his staff will be able to help Leddy and to figure out a way to make him useful on this line-up. His salary is too high just to have him out there, completely useless. Especially since there's also Ladd's contract that we need to make go away somehow, so Leddy needs to step up. I was checking his stats right now and I completely forgot he's so young. He looked like someone 30+ on the ice this season.
His lumberjack beard and his poor play.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!

We have been down that road our selves as an organization, heck I dont think we are fully off that road, darn close but not enough to jest at another team over it.

Its a laugh at the fans who were saying it was the best fit and he was definitely going there. There was plenty of that on the FA board over the last few weeks.

Reactions: IslandersFan17

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Forgot which GM it was, but he mentioned being disappointed about the cap and that some teams would have to relook at their budget.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

you-gon-learn-today-memegenerator-net-30838173.png

Reactions: IslandersFan17

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Its a laugh at the fans who were saying it was the best fit and he was definitely going there. There was plenty of that on the FA board over the last few weeks.
I'm kidding, believe me, f....... em lol. I mean, I dont blame other teams fans for fawning over Tavares, and if we do keep him (despite having felt he would leave for awhile) there should be gloating from our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad