Confirmed with Link: John Tavares is your new Toronto Maple Leafs Captain!

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
As much as I want to see McDavid coming over. Are we like 5-6yrs too early to discuss this? Looking back 5yrs ago, Chicago won their 3rd Cup and look poise to win their 4th and a few more. Don’t think they made it pass the first round since. 6yrs ago, Kings won the Cup and once again look to dominate but they started their rebuild last year. A lot can happen between now till Matthews current deals run out(5yrs) or JT deals run out(6yrs).

When he comes home ,WHEN ,it will be via trade. He wants out now, Holland is garbage now and will spin his tires in the Mud. Mcd will pull a lindross and say only the leafs. Tsn Sportsnet will at it up for ratings for a year.eventually deal gets done and we get him for a couple picks and couple prospects. It will be glorious and hf will suffer a stroke on the mains bwahahahaha

Reactions: Hustlr

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The way Matthews has come out of the gate, having him wear the C would probably have been the better "Happily Ever After" story.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Our fanbase truly is toxic.

Game 3. Already hating on our CAPTAIN.

Awful. I now can understand why guys need more money to sign here, our fanbase is the worst.

What would a conversation be without someone pointing out how toxic everyone else is?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The main thing is that he's been getting plenty of chances, and he'll start converting them again like he always has.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I don't see the Tavares contract ending well. Was he better than this in New York? I mean he's really slow.

Anthony Mantha with a 4 goal Matthews like effort. Missed him by one pick and got Gauthier. I know we have a lot of talent, but it would be nice to have more.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I don't see the Tavares contract ending well. Was he better than this in New York? I mean he's really slow.

Anthony Mantha with a 4 goal Matthews like effort. Missed him by one pick and got Gauthier. I know we have a lot of talent, but it would be nice to have more.
We got talent in guys like Kapanen and Johnsson.

But people on here want to scratch Kappy for a one in a million play to teach him a lesson, lol. He's been one of, if not our best PK guys this season.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
JT is fantastic. Still can't believe he came home. Must suck for the Islanders.

btw, we would get an infraction from the isle mods if we posted on the islanders' board.

f*** the Islanders board the stuff they did and said July 1 2018 Should of been ip bans .Since it was directed at us it was all cool. This board blows , such double standard bullshit. Not to mention the majority of users are rats who report posts like the bitches they are. It's weird,for such a manly sport there is a lot of soy boy beta boys on these boards

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
The chicken little fanbase is back out. 5 of 6 points to start the season, time to panic. Time to get rid of the new captain. Blow it up.

Good point!

Leafs fans on hfboards don't know how to enjoy a good thing.

Sit back and relax everyone, these are the good times.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Agreed he looks like a new dad out there (and understandably so!!!) nothing wrong with him taking a small break, some things go beyond hockey and it’d allow him to come back stronger too. So long as he’s fresh for playoffs he can take off whatever he needs
I really wanna know whats Marners excuse?
Hes been invisible 5 on 5.....
Dont @ME just sayin

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
What the start of this season has proven to me is that Tavares drives that line not Marner!!!! As I have said all along in the Marner negotiations, Marner's stats were bloated due to Tavares leading that line.

That line is doing nothing because Tavares is having a tough go in getting it going. There is no doubt that Johnny Toronto will get it going again and when he does Marner will once again be worth his contract and Kapanen will get his points!!

Everyone needs to layoff Tavares...it will happen.
'

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
What the start of this season has proven to me is that Tavares drives that line not Marner!!!! As I have said all along in the Marner negotiations, Marner's stats were bloated due to Tavares leading that line.

That line is doing nothing because Tavares is having a tough go in getting it going. There is no doubt that Johnny Toronto will get it going again and when he does Marner will once again be worth his contract and Kapanen will get his points!!

'
OR maybe its been hyman driving it all along :sarcasm:

Reactions: qqaz

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

'

Why should we lay off Tavares?

He was absolutely atrocious in the playoffs, and after getting captaincy, has once again disappeared

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
OR maybe its been hyman driving it all along :sarcasm:

If any of you have watched Tavares over his career, he has proven to make those around him better and richer!!!

He's done it again for the Leafs and its being proven right now!!! Marner is nothing but a 60-70 pt winger not playing with Matthews or Tavares. He is soft, mistake prone, and nothing without proven goal scorers.

Once Tavares gets going so will Marner and Kapanen. If Tavares buried 3-4 of the great chances he has had, both Kappy and Marner have 3-4 more points each. Tavares luck has been tough to start. He will get it going, when he does so will his linemates.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why should we lay off Tavares?

He was absolutely atrocious in the playoffs, and after getting captaincy, has once again disappeared
At least in the playoffs he was going against Bergeron and actually played pretty well. He's just been plain bad this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad