Post-Game Talk: John Tavares is a Leaf, Leafs win 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
it says goals? id put a bet on kadri getting more than manrer in goals
I love Kadri but I would bet Marner as his goal scoring is seriously under rated and he scored at a very high pace over 4 months.

I said he was likely to get 20 goals last year when he had 2 or 3 past half way last season.

Reactions: Walshy7

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
eh, he was asked about Tavares-Marner - throwing in Hyman there was a bit of shade at Tavares-Marner, imo. he followed it up by saying "we need some work".
he also followed it up by saying that obviously Marner and Tavares were great

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I guess if Marner made two great passes to set up JT for 2 goals and my grandmother was on that line playing left wing, she would be doing something right too? But your right, Tavares and Marner were crap without Hyman, who mysteriously did not get any assists on any of those 2 goals.
If your grandmother was mucking it up in the corner like hyman does then sure

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Tavares post game interview...he said they still needed to work on chemistry...God help the NHL if the figure it out.:naughty:

It's amazing, isn't it?

For Tavares' first goal and Marner's goal, I love how effortlessly they found each other. When they actually are fully comfortable with each other...

Season's going to be fun.

Reactions: Liferleafer

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hey does anyone think that Hyman is the most skilled player to play on either of the top two lines? I do not think anyone has said anything of the sort.

I do however feel that he is best suited in the top 6 until a more skilled similar type player is on our roster as he helps our possession game and cycle game. We can not have a line that has to score on the rush only and need balance on lines to be able to play the game the way we need so that we can win hockey games.

His replacement has to be big and strong enough to battle with big D man to help get possession of the puck. As well as have enough skill to take the puck to the net and finish better then him. We currently do not have his replacement.

He is likely to get 45 to 50 points this year. Without any pp time. I think he is a useful player who is playing his role rather well.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Similar Debuts as Sparks

Raanta (24): 25gms, .897sv%
Sparks (22): 17gms, .893sv%
Bishop (22): 6gms, .893sv%
Dubnyk (23): 19gms, .889sv%
Ward (21): 28gms, .882sv%
Schneider (22): 8gms, .877sv%
You should look at the 1st half vs. 2nd half split of Sparks' debut season too, I did it before and it was like a 915/920 save % in first half before he lost his confidence and dropped to 850/870 avg in 2nd half

And he got pulled in the first half for a performance that would've been average in his 2nd half that he never or rarely got pulled during

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Two separate thoughts. He never said they have a lot of work to do but we the whole team and he is not wrong.

I dunno.

"what do you think of tavares/marner"

answer: 1.hyman was great 2.they had a good night 3.we have a lot to work on 4. the ice was bad

all seemed connected thoughts to me. then he went on and said:

1.Leivo 2.Brown 3.Clark 4.we showed a lot of good signs out there

which seemed like another connected thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad