John Tavares first Hattrick as a Toronto Maple Leaf

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tonight was also the first time a Maple Leafs player has scored a hat trick against the Blackhawks since Mats Sundin on November 12, 1998.

That's pretty random. I bet there's quite a few teams that no Bolt has ever had a hat trick against, and not just Vegas.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I think thea one or two you are referencing probably come for the unclassy posts, if Islanders fans stop making them then there wont be a show worth seeing.
Both fanbases have their bad apples

I am sick of fighting over the whole debacle and have directed my resentment toward Garth Snow. No reason to attack Toronto. As you say it just gives certain leafs fans the justification to respond in kind

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Both fanbases have their bad apples

I am sick of fighting over the whole debacle and have directed my resentment toward Garth Snow. No reason to attack Toronto. As you say it just gives certain leafs fans the justification to respond in kind

:thumbu:

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I only watch Leaf games, and I rarely pay attention to the opposition. I had no idea this guy was so good.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
[mod] His wrist shot is very good. His clapper and one timer have gotten better over the years but nowhere close to his wrist shot.

When he was first signed I kept hearing how bad his shot was. Then I went to YouTube. A lot of great shots in his highlight reel.

His first regular season goal as a Leaf vs the Habs was an incredible shot. Top corner laser wrister on the move from the top of the circle.

He also had a great one timer from a bad angle in the last pre-season game on a feed from Marner. Post game he said "that was easy". Lol. Most players do not score on that play. In one preseason and 3 regular season games I've seen better shots out of him than some guys have in an entire career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
When he was first signed I kept hearing how bad his shot was. Then I went to YouTube. A lot of great shots in his highlight reel.

His first regular season goal as a Leaf vs the Habs was an incredible shot. Top corner laser wrister on the move from the top of the circle.

He also had a great one timer from a bad angle in the last pre-season game on a feed from Marner. Post game he said "that was easy". Lol. Most players do not score on that play. In one preseason and 3 regular season games I've seen better shots out of him than some guys have in an entire career.

Islander fan here, I don't know what that other Islander fan was referring to but it was always clear to me and I would think most other Islander fans that he has a fantastic shot. Didn't he win the most accurate shot competition the last All-Star game? The guy could score goals, I don't know what baffoon would say otherwise unless you guys are just making this crap up

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
As for this post and I'm speaking for myself here only as an Islander fan. I had no hate towards Toronto fans prior to the JT signing at least not since the last playoff series featuring Darcy Tucker. But the entire JT signing with the Leafs after years of your local media a quite a number of your fans urging for him to dump the Islanders and join his hometown team- almost from the moment he was picked by the Isles in the 2009 draft is really a kick in the guts. A really, reaaaallly bad hit in the guts. It feels something like this: You wait your entire life to land this hot girlfriend and your in complete bliss for 9 years about ready to get married, but there's this guy from her hometown who keeps hitting and hitting on her year after year. You're about to propose to her and of course you expect her to say yes. But instead, being somewhat of weak character, she says she wants to leave you for the local boy taking you by complete surprise, in fact, the local boy can't believe he landed her.

So when I, as an Islander fan, read that John Tavares scored 3 goals last night. It's like hearing that my ex had 3 orgasms last night. I don't need to hear it. Aight???

So do I wish ill will on John Tavares. Heck yes! Do I love you guys. Heck no! and yes I will cheer every time you guys lose and can't wait for the day to see JT destroyed. But just understand where I'm coming from here. I'm sure if JT never signed with you guys we could be best of friends. As of you now you guys are the reason my hockey life may have been ruined, so don't expect to feel the love.

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
As for this post and I'm speaking for myself here only as an Islander fan. I had no hate towards Toronto fans prior to the JT signing at least not since the last playoff series featuring Darcy Tucker. But the entire JT signing with the Leafs after years of your local media a quite a number of your fans urging for him to dump the Islanders and join his hometown team- almost from the moment he was picked by the Isles in the 2009 draft is really a kick in the guts. I really, reaaaallly bad hit in the guts. It feels something like this: You wait your entire life to land this hot girlfriend and your in complete bliss for 9 years about ready to get married, but there's this guy from her hometown who keeps hitting and hitting on her year after year. You're about to propose to her and of course you expect her to say yes. But instead, being somewhat of weak character, she says she wants to leave you for the local boy taking you by complete surprise, in fact, the local boy can't believe he landed her.

So when I, as an Islander fan, read that John Tavares scored 3 goals last night. It's like hearing that my ex had 3 orgasms last night. I don't need to hear it. Aight???

So do I wish ill will on John Tavares. Heck yes! Do I love you guys. Heck no! and yes I will cheer every time you guys lose and can't wait for the day to see JT destroyed. But just understand where I'm coming from here. I'm sure if JT never signed with you guys we could be best of friends.
This analogy is missing the part where the dude she was with couldn't hold a job the entire 9 years and the guy she left him for was pretty settled.

Reactions: Zrinski

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

Come on, you think some Islanders fans were going to give an honest appraisal of Tavares after he had just left? Add to that the back and forth with Leafs fans about the respective franchises.

He's a great player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad