Newsday: John Tavares’ schedule, more offense on defense & other Isles notes

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...507?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A few Islanders notes from the past couple weeks, including some odds and ends from conversations with John Tavares and Jack Capuano:

Tavares told me he changed his offseason workout schedule after perhaps his strangest season as a pro. Tavares’ 2015-16 went something like this: A strong start, with five goals and six assists in the first eight games; a mysterious illness that knocked him from the lineup for three games at the beginning of November followed by an intermittent slump through the next three months, with one December stretch of just one goal and no assists in eight games.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Interesting he mentions the ice was the best it had been in the playoffs, a time when it's probably hardest to maintain it. That should be a promising sign for this new season.

I am also glad to hear that the team acknowledged how different their play was. Often fans complain and the coach barks about not doing anything differently from the year before. At least the team recognizes it and seems to want to get back to the domination they had the year before.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Glad to read Srome's rep and Snow, are hammering out a likely 2 yr deal.
Let Strome focus on improving his game, not on his contract/salary.

Out of all the isles young forwards,Strome is the young vet I have the highest expectations for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad