John Stevens must be launched into the Sun UPDATE: John Stevens & Nachbaur incinerated

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Somewhat off topic, but this situation is why I hate the draft systems in pro sports.

Hardly anyone agrees with me, but I think where you finish in the standings should have no correlation with your draft position. Losing or incompetence should never be rewarded.

As a fan I hate being in the position where I have to root for my team to lose.

Just make the 1st round of the draft an equal weighted 31 team lottery and be done with it.

I'd normally say that will be tough to do when X amount of teams will be against it, but they've gone from no lottery and just straight standings, to a limited lottery, then an expanded lottery, then 3 lotteries for the top 3 picks, always decreasing the odds for the lower teams in the standings along the way. I don't know if they'll ever get that far, but they've certainly moved closer to a full random lottery. That Crosby draft was pretty exciting because of it.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Well yeah that's the thing. Everybody wants the current coach fired, but you actually have to have someone good to replace him with.

If there's a great coach available now that might now be available later, then I can see some logic in making the move now.

But I worry that making that change costs us our opportunity to land a very high pick. To me making the change isn't worth it. Tank now, handle the coaching situation in the off season.

The opportunity to land an elite player in the draft comes very rarely.

true. changing the coach is not like changing underwear.

on the other hand, stevens is day to day right now. he needs a good streak, and very badly. if the result crisis gets deeper, he's history. the coach is always the first to blame, so let it be. everybody knows.

as you said, finding a new coach might be very tricky at the moment. no natural replacement in sight. but imho that will not prevent the management to make a move if the losing streak continues. if the situation requires operation without anesthetics and with a hand saw, they'll do it.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
mediocre is crap! and i never said that the Kings should be in a playoff position, but i need some entertainment value to go along with our tanking. Stevens looks satisfied with watching paint dry. Maybe a guy like Vigneault can BRING BACK HOCKEY AGAIN to this ****in team

Thanks though for assuming that anyone that doesn't think like you means they are being manipulated somehow by expectations and is blurring our perception, when in reality it's your own daftness that is blurring your PERCEPTION of what we are really saying

they were crap under Murray, we had a roster with promising young studs who should have been a run and gun team like Columbus was/is the past 2-3 years or the Jets etc

instead we were a low scoring lifeless team that went 139W-136L/OTL under Murray

including a 13W-16L in 29GP we were sitting 9th or 10th when he got fired

MY PERCEPTION, free of what happened after that, was this coach needed to be shipped to the SUN similar to Stevens

bringing Sutter in meant that the roster achieved (and for some exceeded) expectations something that Mediocre Man Murray couldn't do in 4 years

2 first rd exits and missed the playoffs in his first year

Mediocrity is crap; Stevens is a mediocre crappy coach, so is Murray

guys like Sutter, Tortorella, Vigneault are NOT mediocre coaches, even when they have mediocre seasons

if you don't understand this perception, PM me i'll elaborate further

What exactly has Columbus or Winnipeg won??

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Absolutely serious, you hold Columbus up as a model franchise, said the Kings at Murray's stages, should have been run n gun like Columbus....what have they won?

I think you either missed the point or you are going out of your way to set up a straw man argument for the sake of it.

To me the implication being made was that we would like to see some watchable hockey even if the losses are stacking up, and I agree. I didn't see anyone holding up another organization as a model for a likely cup win, per se.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think you either missed the point or you are going out of your way to set up a straw man argument for the sake of it.

To me the implication being made was that we would like to see some watchable hockey even if the losses are stacking up, and I agree. I didn't see anyone holding up another organization as a model for a likely cup win, per se.

Fair enough, I didn't read it as him saying he wanted "watchable" hockey, because to me, all hockey is watchable, if all he wants is watchable hockey I dunno what to tell him, the fact that LA won during that period when all he wanted was watchable is....a bonus I guess.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Absolutely serious, you hold Columbus up as a model franchise, said the Kings at Murray's stages, should have been run n gun like Columbus....what have they won?

what have they won under Murray? JACK!
what has Stevens ever won? JACK!
Columbus Blue JACKets? JACK!
Winnipeg Jets? JACK!

so now that i spot the similarities

can you give me some entertainment at least Murray? NOPE!
can you give me some entertainment at least Stevens? NOPE!
oh ok, i'll just watch some Columbus / Winnipeg games

have i regurgitated enough in your mouth? or you still didn't get what i said?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Actually yes, i was whining about the garbage display the Kings have put forth as a hockey product

all their games (save the last one) were uninteresting to watch AND they lose, so what the f*** am i getting out of this season so far? having to deal with GoldenBearHockey and that's pretty much it!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
what have they won under Murray? JACK!
what has Stevens ever won? JACK!
Columbus Blue JACKets? JACK!
Winnipeg Jets? JACK!

so now that i spot the similarities

can you give me some entertainment at least Murray? NOPE!
can you give me some entertainment at least Stevens? NOPE!
oh ok, i'll just watch some Columbus / Winnipeg games

have i regurgitated enough in your mouth? or you still didn't get what i said?

Like I said, any hockey is entertaining to me....just because you like 7-6 games, doesn't mean everyone does there....

Well, Stevens won 2 cups, you do realize that right?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
the Hurricanes gave some pretty entertaining hockey the past couple of years while they tanked, some good players to be excited about, i've seen a handful of their games and they were all great to watch

which makes it less frustrating than to watch a bunch of 30 year olds skate around without any fire to their game, just phoning it in, no energy no exciting young players (Kempe is frustrating as hell to watch)

and top that off with an idiot coach that puts the same lineup, makes foolish line changes, presents a similar Sutter system but without a bite, can't encourage the players to do anything (it took Brown to light a small fire), challenges when challenges aren't required, takes him an eternity to bench a player that should've been benched after Game 2 (ie Forbort) and many still await (Pearson / Kempe etc) etc etc etc

so ya, i prefer watching some JACK SHIT JETS HOCKEY until LA figures out that they're in the NHL

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Like I said, any hockey is entertaining to me....just because you like 7-6 games, doesn't mean everyone does there....

Well, Stevens won 2 cups, you do realize that right?

as a coach???

Dwight King won two cups too btw...

you're a bit strange to talk to i find

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
the Hurricanes gave some pretty entertaining hockey the past couple of years while they tanked, some good players to be excited about, i've seen a handful of their games and they were all great to watch

which makes it less frustrating than to watch a bunch of 30 year olds skate around without any fire to their game, just phoning it in, no energy no exciting young players (Kempe is frustrating as hell to watch)

and top that off with an idiot coach that puts the same lineup, makes foolish line changes, presents a similar Sutter system but without a bite, can't encourage the players to do anything (it took Brown to light a small fire), challenges when challenges aren't required, takes him an eternity to bench a player that should've been benched after Game 2 (ie Forbort) and many still await (Pearson / Kempe etc) etc etc etc

so ya, i prefer watching some JACK **** JETS HOCKEY until LA figures out that they're in the NHL

LOL puts the same lineup, you realize that NHL rosters are only 23 players right? Out of that, you have, 20 players that will get dressed, doesn't make for a lot different alternatives.

Forbort again, has been fine out there, I think the expectations of many are jacked due to where he was drafted and the minutes he gets, but overal l, he plays a solid game , not a fancy game, and some people expect more.

Anyways, you go enjoy Jet hockey I guess....

Winger23

May 3, 2007
LOL puts the same lineup, you realize that NHL rosters are only 23 players right? Out of that, you have, 20 players that will get dressed, doesn't make for a lot different alternatives.

Forbort again, has been fine out there, I think the expectations of many are jacked due to where he was drafted and the minutes he gets, but overal l, he plays a solid game , not a fancy game, and some people expect more.

Anyways, you go enjoy Jet hockey I guess....

Forbort has not been fine. People expect a lot more defensively since he brings 0 offense. He is not good enough defensively or with even passes to say hes been fine.

Reactions: 3firstnames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->