OT: John Scott writes about retirement

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We're going to be paying the karmic price for the next 20 yrs. Haha Good for him.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
We're going to be paying the karmic price for the next 20 yrs. Haha Good for him.
Yeah, I'm glad he addressed what an absurd trade it was. The Bettman stuff was really interesting.

John Scott said:
Plus, I had already been sent to Newfoundland, so what more could they really do?
:biglaugh:

John Scott said:
It was almost like he was worried I was going to Hulk Hogan the check — just tear it straight down the middle and suplex him for the crowd.

I just kept grinning, thinking, Dude, you do realize that I would trade all of this away if I could go back to playing for the Coyotes and living in Arizona with my pregnant wife and kids, right?
That's about the most human thing ever.

And here's this:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
"the anticipation of having to drop the gloves with another very skilled individual who can hurt you. The waiting is what drives you crazy. It’s not very easy on your psyche"

Biznasty said essentially the same thing.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Something tells me that a guy that is about to release an autobiography, has sold his story for a feature film and holds a degree in mechanical engineering will land on his feet okay.

John Scott is a boss.

Gary Bettman is a weasel. Fit for The Brain's weasel suit.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't listen to podcasts or read blogs, but if Jon Scott started either I'd be all over it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
And it cost us our AllStar rep. And our nose dive started soon after.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
And it cost us our AllStar rep. And our nose dive started soon after.

I have a feeling DT has had a hand in some things that the room wasn't crazy about over the last few years. It would explain a team turning on a coach that, up until that point, was loved.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He's coming out with a book which should be filled with good stuff.

That trade was embarrassing for the franchise.

We were the only losers in that whole incident. The NHL by allowing to play saved face, he obviously did well still, but we lost an all star spot, and looked like *******s. I'll be getting his book for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad